Help for disabled / grayed-out Next button

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulStoffregen

Today I worked on a help beside the "next" button in the installer. :)

sc.png
(click for full size)

If you or anyone else with this font issue can confirm it really works on your system, I'll just start embedding the fonts in the mac version.

So very few macs have this problem that it's difficult to get good user feedback. Please let me know how this works on your mac, because I really do want to fix this problem.

Can anyone else with a mac please give this a try?

We paid $99 for the cert from Apple. It's supposed to be good for 5 years. Maybe it expired early somehow? Or maybe embedded the fonts messes things up?

Can anyone else with a mac please give this a try?

I just tried installing from teensyduino-withfonts.dmg and got the same identity could not be confirmed error message when I double-clicked teensyduino.app.

If instead of double-clicking I right-click teensyduino.app and then click Open, it's allowed to run, and I don't see a warning about not being able to confirm the identity. I do see a comment that it was downloaded from the Internet.

This probably doesn't help, but here's what I see when I check the signature on the teensyduino.app from the 1.19 .dmg:

AG-ITG-W89332K:Teensyduino 1 amp1$ codesign -dv teensyduino.app
Executable=/Volumes/Teensyduino 1/teensyduino.app/Contents/MacOS/teensyduino
Identifier=com.pjrc.teensyduino
Format=bundle with Mach-O universal (i386 ppc7400)
CodeDirectory v=20100 size=2729 flags=0x0(none) hashes=130+3 location=embedded
Signature size=8511
Timestamp=Jun 2, 2014, 4:05:57 PM
Info.plist entries=15
TeamIdentifier=not set
Sealed Resources version=1 rules=4 files=2
Internal requirements count=1 size=180
AG-ITG-W89332K:Teensyduino 1 amp1$

And here's what I see when I check the signature on teensyduino.app from teensyduino-withfonts.dmg :

AG-ITG-W89332K:Teensyduino amp1$ codesign -dv teensyduino.app
Executable=/Volumes/Teensyduino/teensyduino.app/Contents/MacOS/teensyduino
Identifier=com.pjrc.teensyduino
Format=bundle with Mach-O universal (i386 ppc7400)
CodeDirectory v=20100 size=3189 flags=0x0(none) hashes=153+3 location=embedded
Signature size=8512
Timestamp=Oct 2, 2014, 6:18:21 AM
Info.plist entries=16
TeamIdentifier=not set
Sealed Resources version=1 rules=4 files=4
Internal requirements count=1 size=180
AG-ITG-W89332K:Teensyduino amp1$

Last edited:
Is this relevant to the code signing problem?

With the release of OS X Mavericks 10.9.5, the way that OS X recognizes signed apps will change. Signatures created with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or earlier (v1 signatures) will be obsoleted and Gatekeeper will no longer recognize them. Users may receive a Gatekeeper warning and will need to exempt your app to continue using it. To ensure your apps will run without warning on updated versions of OS X, they must be signed on OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later (v2 signatures).

If you build code with an older version of OS X, use OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later to sign your app and create v2 signatures using the codesign tool. Structure your bundle according to the signature evaluation requirements for OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later. Considerations include:

Signed code should only be placed in directories where the system expects to find signed code.
Resources should not be located in directories where the system expects to find signed code.

The above notes on changes to code signing for installation on OS X 10.9.5 or later are from this page: http://www.tuaw.com/2014/08/04/apples-changes-to-app-signing-could-leave-some-apps-blocked-by/

By the way, I'm running on OS X 10.9.5 which is apparently where this change was introduced.

Last edited:
Oh, this is indeed an unpleasant change by Apple. Looks like I'm generating version 1 signatures AND I'm using the now-obsolete --resource-rules flag, which was a well documented feature when I changed stuff to sign for 10.8, but now Apple's rejecting it in 10.9.

Looks like I need to redo how I build the Mac versions, again. Of course, I will, but it might be in a few months on version 1.21. Until then, everyone with 10.9.5 is just going to have to control-click and use open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back