Teensy 3.1 Abs voltage max? Somehow mine is surviving 6.76V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek

I've checked with two meters, and somehow my teensy is tolerating 6.76V across Vin and Vgnd, with the V-usb trace line cut.

I thought the teensy 3.1 had an maxinum of 5.5V on the input?

I am going to chase my circuit problem ( I should be delivering 3.3V with an LDO regulator externally) but I am confused why my teensy is not smoked at 6.76V. The pins seem to be responding OK (the couple I checked) and the USB serial communication is fine.

Thanks.

Geez! OK, weird. I guess sometimes these things really do well. Probably in half an hour I'll find my teensy dead, 50% because I was pushing it past the limits, and 50% because I posted asking about it :p.

I will try to chase down that regulator that seems astray, I have a TLV704XX on my board. One is the 3.3V, for the teensy, and the other is a 5.0V one. The 5V one is happy, putting out the right voltage, but I am not sure why the 3.3V one seems to be putting out way too much.

First off I'll try to just clean the flux again on this board :S. looks decently clean, though. But I don't know what was in the random cheap paste i bought off ebay.

Damn, i somehow didn't connect the regulators [i have a 3v3 and 5v one] to Gnd! They are floating on a different circuit.

Interesting behavior on the regulators (maybe entirely expected but it's not my expertise):
(Vin = 8.9V)
With no output resistance, they output ~8.9V.
With 1k resistance they output ~7.8V
With a teensy on the output they output ~6.76V

:/ oh man the chaos of details :(. Bummer I missed that on my schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back