Bitlash Teensy (mini)Notebook [Onboard Interpreter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitormhenrique

Hi Guys (and Girls)!

I've been working last two days on a mini notebook based on bitlash running on a Teensy 3.1. The idea is to use it when you need some sort of mobility to do something quick, put a servo on a special position, take a look if a sensor is working the way that you think it should be, blink a led etc... without the need to turn on your computer writing a sketch for your Arduino / Teensy to print whatever on the serial port and getting your notebook next to your project.

I based my idea on the following episode Build a Retro Computer: BASIC 80's Pocket Computer of Ben Heck Show. But he used and Atmega microcontroller and other interpreter.

I got a Chatpad for 14 bucks to be my keyboard and modified this library to run with Teensy and custom commands that I wanted to work:

IMG_0342.jpg

For the screen I'm using an ILI9341 based LCD from Adafruit (planing on getting the touch screen enabled on a near future).

IMG_0344.jpg

The initial code is working, Now I'm going to print a 3d case, and write some additional custom functions on bitlash to run servos, drive some WS2812B leds and of course write some games to play on it! :)

I'll keep this post updated and share the code on github.

Vitor Henrique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back