96 kHz sampling with F_CPU=144 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMXZ

I would like to use the teensy audio card at 96 kHz and having the CPU running at 144 MHz
(initially without using the audio SW that is tuned to 44.1 kHz)

For this I have to setup the i2s system

my maths give me FRACT = 64-1; DIVIDE = 375-1; and DIV= 4-1;
with 144 MHz this should result in 96 kHz sampling.

While formally the registers can hold these values, I'm worried about the high FRACT value (upsamples the CPU).

Is this a problem?
Does someone have tested these high FRACT values?

Grazie,
Walter

Makeesure that your teensy is stable with 144MHz. My teensy runs perfect with 144MHz, but I heard from a user that his is crashing after some hours

I posted an example of switching to 96KS/ps to the 'audio library' thread ages ago, sorry I am not going to search it out and link to it for you but when you find it there should be enough info regarding how I did it to/with the library as it existed back then to repeat it to the current version of the library.

Somebody else I mentioned it to seemed to find it easy enough, let me know if you can't find it and I will at least consider trying to be more helpful again :)

When I tested it everything in the library that wasn't solely/specifically/especially written/geared for 44.1KS/ps worked very well indeed - I didn't bother overclocking the Teensy 3.1 I was using at the time.

I posted an example of switching to 96KS/ps to the 'audio library' thread ages ago, sorry I am not going to search it out and link to it for you but when you find it there should be enough info regarding how I did it to/with the library as it existed back then to repeat it to the current version of the library.
Got it, was 05-08-2014, 07:33 AM.
Will follow your method, using PLL on SGTL5000 and I2S in slave mode.
Thanks
Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back