Serial Port Not Showing Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgelman

Hello,

I have been happily using my Teensy 3.1. During a recompile I purposed disconnected the USB (to stop the compile), for a reason that isn't important for this thread.

Now that I did that, I cannot seem to compile anymore. The board is not showing up in my Serial Port. I attempted to reboot my computer (MAC 10.9.5) and replug the board while holding down the program button. Matter of fact, doesn't seem like the hitting the program button does anything.

Each time I compile I am prompted with:

"
Please press the RESET BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch. Auto-reboot only works if the Teensy is running a previous sketch.
"

Any suggestions to get this thing up and running again?

Daniel

To clarify - you are required to push the button - but when you do it does upload the new code?

{This happens to me on Windows at times it seems - for periods}

However if you have a serial Monitor open (not the IDE) - holding the USB port - it will always do this. Ideally the IDE when used as Serial Monitor drops the USB allowing TeensyDuino to OWN the USB port to the device without a button push. Any time the Teensy isn't showing as a functional USB device - not attached to another program - this will result AFAIK.

If you start with a simple blinky sketch Serial.print("Hello World"); then restart the computer with no monitor but IDE, it should work to update and upload that sketch again - and then others - until something in hardware or software ties up the port.

Hello defragster,

Both, the automatic uploader and me pressing on the program button, nothing happens. I cannot seem to compile code using either method.

To clarify, the Teensy does not show up at all on my Windows machine. The Tools > Port is greyed out. Teensy software (the little window with the Teensy graphic) shows up with .hex file trying to upload the file. Pressing the program button does nothing. I checked the voltage rails and they seem fine.

This all happened when I unplugged the USB cable in the middle of a compile. Prior to that, the board was working just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back