capacitive sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wthom1

I'm trying to mock Paul's capacitive sensor project at https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_CapacitiveSensor.html. The problem I'm having is using the view of Paul's prototype and understanding which pins the resistors connect to on the pcb. Also, since I can't control the inputs, I can't discover which outputs to connect to my bilateral switch (4066). My version of the Teensy 2.0 board shows GND and pins 0-10 on one side and VCC and pins 11-21 on the other. Other board layouts I've discovered show the Teensy 2.0 with GND and pins 0-12 on one side and VCC and pins 13-25 on the other. What I need to know is the pins that represent TX1 and RX1, TX2 and RX2, TX3 and RX3, and the corresponding outputs they control for my version of board. Also, I'm thinking of creating sensors by using two pieces of copper foil separated by plastic food wrap or wax paper and connecting one piece of foil to the junction of the resistors and the other to power supply GND. Hopefully I've expressed myself well enough to gain a usable response. Thanks!:)

Will it be possible for you to photograph your Teensy and post the picture here - just sounds like you might have a nasty knockoff, or something, and if it is a knock-off it will probably be better if you pursue any problems you have with it with the vendor you got it off.

If you got a genuine Teensy then it came with a reasonably neat and well laid out card with lots of info about the pins - copies of the card are in the store (just pics, you can download them free.)

There should be some comments in the example code, which explain the wiring.

If the doesn't help, please ask again in a few days when I'm back from Maker Faire, and I'll take a close up photo of the wiring on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back