Arduino version 1.6.5r4 not recognized by installer

burdij

After installing Arduino IDE version 1.6.5r4, Teensyduino ver. 1.24 does not recognize the version during installation. The supported version appears to be 1.6.5r2. If I change the version number in version.txt file the installation proceeds a bit farther but crashes on a checksum error.

A new 1.25 is coming soon - until then the r2 included files dictate you have to use the r2 version for 1.24

<edit>: or unless Paul can make a quick installer edit without needing a full beta cycle for other new code for pending work . . . seems like forever since the tsunami of 1.6.xxx changes last forced a change on a dime

Last edited:
They just released "r4" a few hours ago.

Every appearance in the github logs is they didn't intend to change the actual IDE code, but obviously they did. I'm working on figuring out what they actually changed. I hope to have a fix later today.

@burdij - I'm guessing you're using Windows?

I'm going to test all 4 today, of course, but still it can help to mention which one you're actually using. FWIW, I always develop first on Linux, then I port to Macintosh, and I leave Windows for last.

Looks like 1.6.5-r4 might be a very short-lived Arduino release!

I just got Teensyduino's patches ported and I'm testing now... getting Java exceptions. Turns out the bug was reported about 4 hours ago, while I was fiddling with reconfiguring my build process for their changes to different JDK versions.

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/3738#issuecomment-135501097

For now, I recommend using Arduino 1.6.3. It's still the best version.

Do not use Arduino 1.6.4, due to the compiler warning parse bug.

Back