Programming multiple connected Teensys

Status
Not open for further replies.

egradman

I often find myself uploading identical firmware to multiple Teensys connected to one computer. I like to invoke Arduino from the command-line (especially if I'm programming and monitoring many devices at once). However, there seems to be no way to reliably designate the Teensy to which my code will be uploaded. `teensy_loader_cli` doesn't have a command-line option for that either. And anyway, if my Teensy isn't configured for serial how would I specify the device?

I would be happy if I could upload the SAME hex file to ALL connected Teensys, or if I could indicate which Teensy to upload (so I could script a loop in bash).

Is this possible? Ensuring I only have one device plugged in at a time is getting tiresome!

You can use the "wait" feature of the CLI, and then press the button of the device you want to upload to. Something similar can be done with the IDE, press the "Verify" toolbar button (left of the upload one) and then press the button on the Teensy you want to upload to.

Of course, you can't script that. I've made a tool called TyQt you can try. There's an GUI (tyqt) and a command-line version (tyc) that can upload to specific Teensies without manual intervention. Teensies are identified by their USB port, their serial number or both.

I haven't had time to program lately but I had a two-Teensy project I used it with. For example with two Teensies (let's say a 3.0 with serial 32250 and a 3.1 with serial 721360) you can upload your stuff with :
Code:
tyc upload --board "#32250" bin1.elf
tyc upload --board "#721360" bin2.elf

You can use the GUI or "tyc list" to identify your devices.

Yes! This is exactly what I wanted. I'll try it this evening. Thanks!

You can use the "wait" feature of the CLI, and then press the button of the device you want to upload to. Something similar can be done with the IDE, press the "Verify" toolbar button (left of the upload one) and then press the button on the Teensy you want to upload to.

Of course, you can't script that. I've made a tool called TyQt you can try. There's an GUI (tyqt) and a command-line version (tyc) that can upload to specific Teensies without manual intervention. Teensies are identified by their USB port, their serial number or both.

I haven't had time to program lately but I had a two-Teensy project I used it with. For example with two Teensies (let's say a 3.0 with serial 32250 and a 3.1 with serial 721360) you can upload your stuff with :
Code:
tyc upload --board "#32250" bin1.elf
tyc upload --board "#721360" bin2.elf

You can use the GUI or "tyc list" to identify your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back