Automatic boot doesn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgm08

Hello, I'm new to the Teensy. I'm trying to make a Segway with the Teensy 3.1 and I need it to boot automatically when I connect the battery. I can't find a way to do that, can you help me please? Is there a command or a configuration that does the job?

Thanks,

Felipe

The default should do so.
Beware trying to use USB serial if you are not connected (while on the Segway-alike's battery power).
What's the power arrangement?

my driver feeds 5V directly to my Teensy.. But it doesn't turn on by default, I have to press the program button first :(

Teensy does run your program automatically. First, please use File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink to confirm if your board really is working and running the program when you power up.

This problem comes up often. It's almost always a leftover "while (!Serial)" wait or using some other chip like a motion sensor that isn't ready as fast as Teensy boots up. In those cases, just add a delay at the beginning of setup().

Ok, that worked! I did put a delay before but it wasn't enought, I changed to a bit more and it worked! Thank you very much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back