PDA

View Full Version : Teensyduino 1.26 Beta #3 Available

Paul
11-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Here is a third beta test for Teensyduino 1.26.

Edit: old beta test linkes removed. Full non-beta release is here:
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

This version should work on Mac OS-X with Arduino 1.6.6.

A 1/4 second startup delay was added to improve stability on Windows.

Frank B
11-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Usability: It's a bit inconvenient that the list with the used libraries is printed _after_ compilererrors. have to scroll every time...
can i switch this off ? i know which libs i use... to see the errors with less scrolling would be more usable :)

I think this is Arduino-behavior, nothing to do with teensyduino, but...

PaulStoffregen
11-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Yeah, that's part of Arduino. It's also now in a separate program called arduino-builder, so it's not a part I'm patching.

File a bug report here with Arduino. Hopefully they'll improve it for 1.6.7.

https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/issues

Headroom
11-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Blinky works on Mac-OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite. I have not upgraded to El Capitan yet.

KurtE
11-06-2015, 09:28 PM
I have El Capitan installed plus 1.6.6 and it at least runs, I have not tried programming anything with it yet.

One thing I noticed was like Windows, you can install all or none of the libraries.

Also after I started up Arduino again after installing Teensyduino, the Arduino system came up with a message saying some of my libraries are out of date and so I opened up the libraries manager and it listed several including several of the Adafruit ones. Not sure how many of these (I suspect most) were installed by Teenysduino as I have not really done any developement (yet) using the mac.

sumotoy
11-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Can I install over arduino-1.6.5-r5? Actually the 1.66 breaks too much stuff in my environment.

defragster
11-06-2015, 11:37 PM
sumotoy - if I understand your question is about TeensyDuino? - yes - I put 1.26b2 on my 1.6.5 IDE - it is backward compatible.

sumotoy
11-07-2015, 12:26 AM
oh, cool! The 1.66 changed too much, many stuff I use give tons of errors. Also I don't like the massive useless data showed during compiling, I have the feeling that a 1.67 coming soon...

defragster
11-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Put the 1.26b3 on my 1.6.5 and running well, win10.

<edit>: Another 3 DOZEN + uploads and no issues doing Touch test and edit - using SerMon.

Frank B
11-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Also I don't like the massive useless data showed during compiling, I have the feeling that a 1.67 coming soon...

Perhaps it would help a bit to write about your dislike here: https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/issues/48

PaulStoffregen
11-07-2015, 02:18 PM
One thing I noticed was like Windows, you can install all or none of the libraries.

Opps, looks like I broke that recently.

Just fixed it now, and added descriptions for all the libraries. The final 1.26 release will have working library selection.

PaulStoffregen
11-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Planning to make the final 1.26 release later today! Now's the time for any last-minute feedback.... ;)

defragster
11-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Can you take the pull request for the XPT2046_Touchscreen.cpp?

I undid my private LIB and yours works fine in place of it - but my version cuts untouched SPI in half from 10 to 5 words and also aborts all the touch math when there is no touch. I did change the touch math to include points as discard able individuals not pairs. Plus Frank said it did make his T3TRIS run better.

based on his comment what fixed Frank was moving the "msraw = now;" so it didn't reset the "too fast" time until after a valid reading was taken.

defragster
11-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Any general feel on the utility of IDE 1.6.6? Is it good to go to, or will there be a 1.6.7 soon?

Does 1.6.6 better support external editor?

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ReleaseNotes

This will be nice!
* Each open sketch gets built in its own folder, allowing the IDE to recycle previous compilations and being much faster
* "Go to line": CTRL+L or Edit > Go to line... will open a dialog where you can type the line number where you want the editor to jump to
* Examples of libraries with a .development flag file in their root folder won't get marked as read-only. See #2619
* Windows: IDE startup feels faster

This sounds like a way to compile from 'smart editors'?
* Introducing arduino-builder, a command line tool that properly calls gcc. Fixes lots of issues about buggy preprocessing.

More from PJRC
* Allow per-platform keywords.txt. Thanks @PaulStoffregen

Frank B
11-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Th "IDE" is still lightyears away from a serious IDE or even a simple Text-Editor. Its more like a joke.
It lacks even "F3" for continous searching

But with external Editor usable...
Is there a way to call the new Buildsystem external ?

blackketter
11-07-2015, 04:56 PM
On Mac I'm seeing a conflict between:

./hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Time/Time.h
and
./Java/hardware/tools/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/time.h

Where the latter is preferred over the former breaking my project that uses the AVR time lib...

Haven't dug deeply, but thought you'd like to know now. Will update as I figure out more

**Update**

I was able to work around this by duplicating the Time library, renaming it TimeLib and (i.e. Time.h -> TimeLib.h, etc) and including that library instead.

Otherwise, my decent sized Teensy 3.1 project (90 source files, several external libraries, ILI9341, touch screen, USB, etc...) all seem to work.

defragster
11-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Frank - I wanted to assume that is what this meant: "Introducing arduino-builder, a command line tool that properly calls gcc. Fixes lots of issues about buggy preprocessing." - in 2013 it was an external project. They put that in the release notes - but I don't find a not on how it is any better integrated.

http://arduinodev.com/arduino-uploader/
Arduino Builder comes in GUI (graphic user interface) version, for normal end users, and CLI (command line interface) version, named Arduino Uploader, for integrating into 3rd-party applications.

ArduinoUploader [sketch/HEX file] [board type] [serial port/usbasp]

KurtE
11-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Sorry for sligthly off topic here...

Th "IDE" is still lightyears away from a serious IDE or even an simple Text-Editor. Its more like a joke.
It lacks even "F3" for continous searching
Try ctrl-g or ctrl-shift-g - Next and previous search...

Not that I am trying to defend the ide, but I do find it easier to use than vi on linux... :lol:
My biggest issue with the IDE is it does not provide an easy way to edit the libraries... But that is not considered typical user stuff...

As for Arduino 1.6.6 - I do like some of the new features, like goto line...

But at least with verbose output turned on (may try with it off). I wish that some of the debug output was not so much.
Also when I do a build, the startup of the build appears to hang for awhile and then displays information like:

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i586 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.config.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.config.path={path}/etc/avrdude.conf. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" {object_files} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "-L{build.path}" -lm, automatically converted to recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" {object_files} "{archive_file_path}" "-L{build.path}" -lm. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'OpenCM Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino ARM (32-bits) Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD
Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
Board arbotix:avr:arbotixAd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: AVR_ARBOTIXAD
Which I am not sure why I care as at the time I have the Board set to: Pro Trinket 5v...

Also wish the EEPROM library would compile without warnings...

As for the other stuff that is output. I sort of like seeing information about usage and the like.

Again sorry for being a bit off topic

Frank B
11-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Ah... ok ctrl then. thanks :-)

Frank B
11-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Lol.. i found the arduino-builder.exe. Tried to copy the help-text, with "arduino-builder > help.txt". Did not work, otherwise i had posted it here..

alialiali
11-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Out of interest, why do you not use the standard "board manager" functionality? That would make upgrading so much more fun.

Frank B
11-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Ok..typical java. A stacktrace instead of a meaningful errormessage. I think i have something wrong with the commandline. Does anbody know where i can find an example how to call it ?

Edit: Ok, got it running.

PaulStoffregen
11-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Can you take the pull request for the XPT2046_Touchscreen.cpp?

Ok, it's merged.

Any general feel on the utility of IDE 1.6.6? Is it good to go to, or will there be a 1.6.7 soon?

I'm not sure. It has a lot of new code with a lot of new bugs, but the new code also fixes a ton of old bugs.

I think it's still too early to tell. I'm going to release 1.26 later today, and if they push out 1.6.7 in a week or two, well, we'll have 1.27 here!

Is there a way to call the new Buildsystem external ?

Yes, but...

Certainly you can run it from the command line. Just copy the command line from the Arduino IDE (in verbose mode). However, it's extremely Arduino specific. So far, it's also only well tested for Arduino's own boards, and I tested it several times for Teensy during the beta period. Every time I found bugs, which Federico fixed promptly. I really wish I would have tested more on Mac OSX.

I'd say this is very early adopter time to use it for anything else. If you like that kind of suffering, just right in. If not, maybe let others go first. I'm sure it'll improve over the next year or so.

Also wish the EEPROM library would compile without warnings...

I just tried EEPROM's eeprom_read example. No warnings for Teensy. Compiling for Arduino Uno gives 2 warnings. Maybe those are the ones you're talking about?

If there are *any* warning or issues that happen with Teensy, please let me know ASAP.

Frank B
11-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Tried to compiled the SamplePlayer from Audio-Examples:

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 10), TD: 1.26-beta2, Board: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), US English"

C:\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Arduino\hardware" -tools "C:\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -built-in-libraries "C:\Arduino\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,keys= en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp" -warnings=all -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\exa mples\SamplePlayer\SamplePlayer.ino"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\AudioSampleCashre gister.cpp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\AudioSampleGong.c pp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\AudioSampleHihat. cpp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\AudioSampleKick.c pp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\AudioSampleSnare. cpp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\AudioSampleTomtom .cpp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\SamplePlayer.ino. cpp"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFl ash" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio" "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire" "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\wav2sketch\wav2sk etch.c"
In file included from c:\arduino\hardware\tools\arm\arm-none-eabi\include\dirent.h:6:0,
from C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\buildb17e1a51d94 d4df5c400214d389061a8.tmp\sketch\wav2sketch\wav2sk etch.c:33:
c:\arduino\hardware\tools\arm\arm-none-eabi\include\sys\dirent.h:10:2: error: #error "<dirent.h> not supported"
#error "<dirent.h> not supported"
^
Bibliothek Audio in Version 1.02 im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio wird verwendet
Bibliothek Wire im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire (legacy) wird verwendet
Bibliothek SPI im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI (legacy) wird verwendet
Bibliothek SD im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD (legacy) wird verwendet
Bibliothek SerialFlash in Version 0.3 im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFla sh wird verwendet
Bibliothek Bounce im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Bounce (legacy) wird verwendet
exit status 1
Fehler beim Kompilieren.

It wants to compile wav2sketch.
Perhaps the fastest fix is to remove the sourcecode. Temporarily, until this bug is fixed.
Or is it now possible to use subfolders in sketches ? - That would be great, indeed.

PaulStoffregen
11-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Good catch on SamplePlayer. I've moved wav2sketch to a new "extras" folder.

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/commit/1c2c54ac5df53a27ada98542384f6ee513d34e33

However, the Teensyduino installer will not know to delete those files if you install the final 1.26 release on top of any prior beta. Installing to a fresh copy of Arduino 1.6.6 should work fine.

Yes, it seems they've enabled recursive compiling of sketches.

The new builder is also supposed to automatically discover when one library depends upon another. So now it's possible to use use #include <Audio.h>. The 1.6.6 builder automatically figures out that SD, SerialFlash, Wire and SPI need to be built.

defragster
11-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks for merging the TouchScreen changes, I'll get 1.26 when released and dump my local library. The Touch ILI9341 works well - the generalized array fed button code I started looks promising.

Downloaded of the IDE 1.6.6 - fresh bugs are always more exciting! The promise of PerSketch compile folders sounds good. No more waiting 15 seconds (*2*?) extra when jumping back and forth.

On single T_3.2 in IDE 1.6.5 &1.26b3 with SerMon It is working well in general usage.

blackketter
11-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Followup on my Time.h/time.h problem, the TimeTeensy3 example is likewise broken:

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.26-beta3, Board: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick, 72 MHz optimized, US English"

/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware" -hardware "/Users/dean/Library/Arduino15/packages" -tools "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder" -tools "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr" -tools "/Users/dean/Library/Arduino15/packages" -built-in-libraries "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/libraries" -libraries "/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serialhid,speed=72opt ,keys=en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino"
/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware" -hardware "/Users/dean/Library/Arduino15/packages" -tools "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder" -tools "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr" -tools "/Users/dean/Library/Arduino15/packages" -built-in-libraries "/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/libraries" -libraries "/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serialhid,speed=72opt ,keys=en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino"
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'Adafruit GFX Library' library
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'PID' library
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'Audio' library
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'FastLED' library
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'ILI9341_t3' library
WARNING: Spurious .git folder in 'SparkFun APDS9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor' library
"/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=72000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL_HID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-I/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3" "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/sketch/TimeTeensy3.ino.cpp"
"/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=72000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL_HID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-I/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3" "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/sketch/TimeTeensy3.ino.cpp"
"/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=72000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL_HID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-I/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3" "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/sketch/TimeTeensy3.ino.cpp"
"/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder/ctags/5.8-arduino2/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/preproc/ctags_target.cpp"
"/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder/ctags/5.8-arduino2/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/preproc/ctags_target.cpp"
"/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=72000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL_HID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-I/Users/dean/Downloads/Arduino-1.6.6.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3" "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/sketch/TimeTeensy3.ino.cpp" -o "/var/folders/w1/0xxlqytr8xg565001s7pswz80000gn/T/build98fee79b5753e07289d9cb5c4db23e65.tmp/sketch/TimeTeensy3.ino.cpp.o"
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino: In function 'void setup()':
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:11:33: error: 'setSyncProvider' was not declared in this scope
setSyncProvider(getTeensy3Time);
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:16:18: error: 'timeStatus' was not declared in this scope
if (timeStatus()!= timeSet) {
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:16:22: error: 'timeSet' was not declared in this scope
if (timeStatus()!= timeSet) {
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino: In function 'void loop()':
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:28:16: error: 'setTime' was not declared in this scope
setTime(t);
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino: In function 'void digitalClockDisplay()':
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:37:21: error: 'hour' was not declared in this scope
Serial.print(hour());
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:38:22: error: 'minute' was not declared in this scope
printDigits(minute());
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:39:22: error: 'second' was not declared in this scope
printDigits(second());
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:41:20: error: 'day' was not declared in this scope
Serial.print(day());
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:43:22: error: 'month' was not declared in this scope
Serial.print(month());
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:45:21: error: 'year' was not declared in this scope
Serial.print(year());
^
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino: In function 'long unsigned int processSyncMessage()':
/Users/dean/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TimeLib/examples/TimeTeensy3/TimeTeensy3.ino:61:29: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
if(Serial.find(TIME_HEADER)) {
^
exit status 1
'year' was not declared in this scope

PaulStoffregen
11-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah, this Time issue is a 1.6.6 problem with that library. I will work on it, but it's not going to be fixed for 1.26.

Please do open an new issue on github for the Time library.

el_supremo
11-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I can't get this simple sketch to compile for a Teensy3.1 or 3.0 with 1.6.6/1.26_beta3. But it works with Teensy2 on the same distribution:

#include <Time.h>

tmElements_t rtc_tm;

time_t rtc_time;
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
while(!Serial);
delay(1000);
rtc_tm.Second = 0;
rtc_time = makeTime(rtc_tm);
}

void loop()
{

}

I get this output for a Teensy3.1:

S:\arduino-1.6.6\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware" -tools "S:\arduino-1.6.6\tools-builder" -tools "S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\tools\avr" -built-in-libraries "S:\arduino-1.6.6\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,keys= en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp" -warnings=null -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_217a666e 92814b35d80ffec482e68adf\sketch_nov07a.ino"
S:\arduino-1.6.6\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware" -tools "S:\arduino-1.6.6\tools-builder" -tools "S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\tools\avr" -built-in-libraries "S:\arduino-1.6.6\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,keys= en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp" -warnings=null -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_217a666e 92814b35d80ffec482e68adf\sketch_nov07a.ino"
"S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IS:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\sketch\sketch_nov07a.ino .cpp"
"S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IS:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\sketch\sketch_nov07a.ino .cpp"
"S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IS:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\sketch\sketch_nov07a.ino .cpp"
"S:\arduino-1.6.6\tools-builder\ctags\5.8-arduino2/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\preproc\ctags_target.cpp"
"S:\arduino-1.6.6\tools-builder\ctags\5.8-arduino2/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\preproc\ctags_target.cpp"
"S:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\tools\avr/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -Os -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IS:\arduino-1.6.6\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\sketch\sketch_nov07a.ino .cpp" -o "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\build217a666e928 14b35d80ffec482e68adf.tmp\sketch\sketch_nov07a.ino .cpp.o"
C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_217a666e 92814b35d80ffec482e68adf\sketch_nov07a.ino:3:1: error: 'tmElements_t' does not name a type
tmElements_t rtc_tm;
^
C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_217a666e 92814b35d80ffec482e68adf\sketch_nov07a.ino: In function 'void setup()':
C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_217a666e 92814b35d80ffec482e68adf\sketch_nov07a.ino:11:3: error: 'rtc_tm' was not declared in this scope
rtc_tm.Second = 0;
^
C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_217a666e 92814b35d80ffec482e68adf\sketch_nov07a.ino:12:29: error: 'makeTime' was not declared in this scope
rtc_time = makeTime(rtc_tm);
^
exit status 1
'makeTime' was not declared in this scope
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries\examples : C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries\examples
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries\reorder_ table_creator: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries\reorder_ table_creator
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries\RF24_aud io: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Teensy\libraries\RF24_aud io

According to the IDE output, it hasn't even tried to open Time.h
I don't know if this is a problem with my 1.6.6/1.26_beta3 installation but I haven't run into this type of thing before and all works well with 1.6.5. Can someone try this with 1.6.6 and TD 1.26_beta3?

I've only posted this here just in case it is a problem related to 1.26_beta3.

Pete
[edit] This is a zip install of Arduino 1.6.6 with TD 1.26_beta3.

blackketter
11-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Thanks, Paul.

Done: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Time/issues/32

el_supremo
11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Sorry. I don't know how I missed the previous reference to a Time.h problem (but it also affects Windows 7 as well)

Pete

alialiali
11-08-2015, 12:16 AM
The beta installs and works on 1.6.6 Linux 32bit. Thanks.

Frank B
11-08-2015, 01:54 PM
@Paul, can you please update your copy of https://github.com/FrankBoesing/FastCRC/blob/master/library.properties
Thanks !

defragster
11-09-2015, 06:17 AM
<edit>: As noted below I used Boards Manager to remove a board. I assume this came from that action? It is working now on a Clean unzip of 1.6.6 and the 1.26b3. Note - I returned to my 1.6.5 unzip w/1.26b and it works - however the sketchbook settings, verbose off and "recent" were all wiped? Apparently just crosstalk between the new 1.6.6 version cleaning house for the new way of doing things? Back with 1.6.6 open and it seems okay.

Installed 1.6.6 and 1.26b3 on Win10.

Compiled empty sketch - got error: is this just me ???

I get the same now on anything I have done? I closed IDE and re-installed the 1.26b3? I'll do a fresh unzip and 1.26b3 install.

I:\Teensy166\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "I:\Teensy166\hardware" -hardware "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -tools "I:\Teensy166\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -built-in-libraries "I:\Teensy166\libraries" -libraries "C:\tCode\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,keys= en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build64259ad4c709e aaabdb437054e64add8.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1940000355 .tmp\sketch_nov08b\sketch_nov08b.ino"
I:\Teensy166\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "I:\Teensy166\hardware" -hardware "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -tools "I:\Teensy166\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages" -built-in-libraries "I:\Teensy166\libraries" -libraries "C:\tCode\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,keys= en-us -ide-version=10606 -build-path "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build64259ad4c709e aaabdb437054e64add8.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1940000355 .tmp\sketch_nov08b\sketch_nov08b.ino"
Build options changed, rebuilding all
"/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -M -MG -MP -x c++ -w -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=126 -DARDUINO=10606 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-II:\Teensy166\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\build64259ad4c709e aaabdb437054e64add8.tmp\sketch\sketch_nov08b.ino.c pp"
exec: "/../arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist
Error compiling.

<edit> Only 'odd' thing I did was remove digistump with boards manager as it was showing two orange lines on each compile - even though I had set board to Teensy 3.1/3.2. Apparently the Board management is GLOBAL because I did try it once on 1.6.5 (no problem), but never on the fresh 1.6.6 directoy.

NOTE: I assumed leaving misnamed copies of a sketch in the same folder would be a harmless way of creating a backup, just like library source files - anything there with a usable extension is incorporated. I was getting yelled at for 'redefinitions' because the IDE pulled these 'duplicate .INO' files into the project. Left me KonfuZed until I saw the tabs had these files auto Added, it did this on 1.6.5 and that is why I installed 1.6.6 thinking something was broken.

sumotoy
11-09-2015, 07:01 AM
My experience with 1.66 and Teensyduino 1.26b3. In brief, the issues are caused all by 1.66 IDE since the 1.26b3 works ok on my old 1.65 installation as far I can see...
I have win7/64.
Arduino IDE 1.6.5 install additional hardware support on HD://user/appData/roaming/Arduino15
Arduino IDE 1.6.6 install additional hardware support on HD://user/appData/local/Arduino15
I have noticed that during 1.66 installation, in the 1.65 preferences, the additional links for hardware is wiped out and it's blank. After installation (and first 1.66 run) I can fill the additional hardware links again.
It's curios because the links for the additional hardware appears in the 1.66, maybe during first run the 1.66 copy the preferences from the 1.6x location but I have noticed that only links are copied and need to install again the board support.
Apart that, both Teensy support it's working with an exception, I was compiling a test sketch on 1.66 and decided to switch on 1.65 but the Teensy upload app instance remained on, when I've tried to send data from the 1.65 I've got a hudge list of errors! Closing the old Teensy Instance and upload again opened a new Teensy instance (this time from the 1.65 folder) and performed correctly.
Apart this obvious issues the 1.66 breaks a lot of things in my custom board support and several other errors, this transition from 1.65 to 1.66 will not so smooth...

drjohnsmith
11-09-2015, 08:07 AM
did not know about ctrl G ,
thanks will try to remember that,
to many decades using F3,

defragster
11-09-2015, 08:33 AM
@sumotoy - my experience matches yours - the 1.26b3 is fine, as noted in <edit> it seems the IDE let me down.

The prior addition of the board manager - like the preference updates - spoiled the seeming isolation across unzip installs I've enjoyed since I stopped using the EXE installer. And (I suspect) in the case of BrdMgr it was fatal to my installation. I did some compiles okay, saw spurious orange warnings tied to Digistump [worked in 1.6.5 not in 1.6.6 - why it flagged those on a TEENSY compile I don't know except it must have shared a tool or setting] and I was compelled to remove them and when the common element was touched - I lost the use of my IDE. I posted it before I got a 'feel' for what caused it - it is not a PJRC problem (or the 1.26b3 re-install would have fixed/changed it), but may hit others here as whatever caused it was easy to do.

drjohnsmith
11-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Re the beta

tried spi and eeprom , 1.65 Arduino.
all good,

Re Arduino 1.66, nothing but problems , and thats not the beta , its Arduino. I've droiped to 1.65 which seems good and stabele.

Are we getting into the odd / even release cycle of Arduion again ?

Davidelvig
11-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Lots of challenges with the USB connection to El Capitan (10.11.1).
Arduino 1.6.5, Teensyduino 1.26-beta3
Sometimes fixed by a reboot. Not often.
A push of the Teensy reset button seems to cause an upload...
though Serial Monitor shows nothing.
The serial port does not show in Arduino\Tools\Port
I compiled the Blink sample program...
- I get a blink on the teensy...
- the port shows in Arduino\Tools\Port
- I can recompile my program, and get serial monitor working.

What's best practice today if I want to keep programming on my Mac (El Capitan)?
- Which Arduino software?
- which Teensyduino?
- any steps to "goose" the serial port?

blackketter
11-10-2015, 12:14 AM
I've noticed that the rebuild process (no file changes, just rebuild) for my project has increased from about 22 seconds in 1.6.5 to more than 30 seconds in 1.6.6/1.26-b3 on my Mac. (I wonder if there's something I'm doing that is causing too many files to be built every time...)

stevech
11-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Have a solid state disk? They're amazing.

duff
11-10-2015, 03:19 AM
I've noticed that the rebuild process (no file changes, just rebuild) for my project has increased from about 22 seconds in 1.6.5 to more than 30 seconds in 1.6.6/1.26-b3 on my Mac. (I wonder if there's something I'm doing that is causing too many files to be built every time...)

Same thing i noticed about 1.6.6/1.26-b3 with osx 10.9.5.

Also Teensy Loader still slows down considerably after about 20 uploads where I have to close it and restart it. This is something that has happened since i started using Teensy 2 years ago.

blackketter
11-10-2015, 04:28 AM
Have a solid state disk? They're amazing.

Heh, heh. Yup, it's not super fast machine (2.5GHz dual core i5, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD), but it does ok.

The project is pretty big (more than 90 source files + libraries). I count 166 invocations of arm-none-eabi-g++ per build.

I realize that I probably should have a proper makefile, but have been unsuccessful getting one going previously.

1.6.6/1.26-b3 seems to have slowed down enough that my annoyance is pushing past my laziness enough to try again.

defragster
11-10-2015, 04:59 AM
My 1.6.6 builds are a couple seconds slower - which is almost double on a rebuild. And when I had some error it was no better at showing me the line that was the source of the problem.

@blackketter - did you see the recent thread on makefiles? I didn't try it but the results seemed like a couple people got it working easily enough - I think it was this that uses SCONS (http://scons.org/):
without-the-Arduino-IDE (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/31329-Everything-goes-wrong-trying-to-work-without-the-Arduino-IDE?p=87530&viewfull=1#post87530)

blackketter
11-10-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm looking into using a makefile now.

Out of curiosity, is the rebuilding of so many files expected with Arduino+Teensy? To be clear: I see all my project files built again even if no files have changed.

defragster
11-15-2015, 11:50 PM
I have IDE 1.6.6 here and using it instead of 1.6.5 for some reason - indeed it seems to shows lots of verbose as it is re-compiling a lot.

Another thing I just noticed - if you build for LC - after T_3.1 it still changes the GLOBAL build setting, though if you set it back when jumping instances - it does use the prior local files in the unique build directory and doesn't do a REBUILD ALL - unless the tools - build changes in that instance.

Oh - and I've gone back to TYQT for Serial Monitor - the IDE SerMon is awful under Windows 10 about USB coming and going - have to close the window and reconnect to the same port - and changing ports when you change the TEENSY - and not offering a way to RESET. Re-powering or unplugging the Teensy to restart the code seems to lose the USB connect to IDE SerMon needing to re-open it.

stevech
11-16-2015, 02:03 AM
I'm looking into using a makefile now.

Rather than an alternative IDE?

monkeybiscuits
11-16-2015, 07:21 AM
I'm trying 1.26 beta #3 on Windows 10 64-bit and, on the "Libraries to Install" screen, I click 'none' and they all get unchecked. But when I go to check a library I want, they ALL revert to being checked. I go ahead and install but get an error despite the fact that I'm running as administrator.

defragster
11-16-2015, 08:17 AM
I just tried a 1.26b3 install on my IDE 1.6.5 - that is on a separate drive. I did not get any error. What IDE version and is it closed in the directory you are installing too? And you are doing 'right click' "run as" administrator - not just using an administrator account?

But you are correct - you get ALL or NONE as options. Clicking NONE unchecks all, then checking ANY one box changes the button to ALL and they all get checked.

IIRC - prior installs started with NONE selected - I always just picked ALL and it has worked. When I saw ALL get selected for the 1.26 betas - I just ran with it.

monkeybiscuits
11-16-2015, 10:25 AM
What IDE version and is it closed in the directory you are installing too? And you are doing 'right click' "run as" administrator - not just using an administrator account?

I tried it on 1.6.6. No luck, so I installed 1.6.5 and tried it. No luck with that either. Yes, Arduino's closed when I right click and 'Run as Administrator'.

monkeybiscuits
11-17-2015, 10:33 AM
It looks like my problem was just a part of a bigger issue involving the windows bug "Virtual Store" (which is mis-labeled as a feature). I would save new versions of files into the programs directory and, when I went to open them again or compile my sketches with them, they would be the OLD versions. I finally figured it out.

I can imagine quite a few other people have similar problems with this 'feature'. Do a search for "TAKE OWNERSHIP" and then own the whole programs directory. I did that and ran both installers as administrator (just in case) and I'm up and running. Now if we can get that ALL or NONE library thing sorted out...

defragster
11-17-2015, 03:54 PM
It looks like my problem...

I stopped doing Windows installs a couple weeks into using Teensy ... just download the ZIP. Then unzip it to a neutral location. I created a spare drive partition where I unzip it, I have multiple installs there as needed with the still evolving 1.6.xxx family. Install TeensyDuino pointing to that drive/directory. Then put the sketchbook folder in another unrelated neutral location. The Sketchbook is safely shared among installs.

The IDE seemed to be fighting me early on with some hardcoded and undeclared expectations when installed that messed with things. Doing un-Zip setup avoids that. Taking it and sketchbook outside "Programs ..." is another bonus.

I've never run into the "TAKE OWNERSHIP" issue as such - but the "Programs ..." dir is specifically designed to be hard to write to for the safety of your computer. I suspect doing that voids that 'sand boxing' that keeps unwanted hackers from wantonly having their way with your executable files.

Frank B
11-18-2015, 07:40 PM
@Paul, can you please update your copy of https://github.com/FrankBoesing/Fast...ary.properties (https://github.com/FrankBoesing/FastCRC/blob/master/library.properties)
(FastCRC) Thanks !

PaulStoffregen
11-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Now if we can get that ALL or NONE library thing sorted out...

This was fixed fixed for the final 1.26 release.

@Paul, can you please update your copy of https://github.com/FrankBoesing/Fast...ary.properties (https://github.com/FrankBoesing/FastCRC/blob/master/library.properties)
(FastCRC)

I've updated here. Since 1.26 has already released, this will be in the first 1.27 beta.... which might be sooner than usual, if I start making more progress on MTP.

defragster
11-19-2015, 02:30 AM
This was fixed fixed for the final 1.26 release.

I wondered where 1.26 stood - I never saw a release note.

sumotoy
11-25-2015, 09:04 AM
I have a strange issue with 1.66/1.26 but I'm pretty sure it's a fault of the arduino compiler...

In some library I'm using there's #include <memory>, this cause the following issue on Arduino 1.66:
Any function used in Setup() and defined after it will trigger an error (your function was not declared in the scope...), I have to define functions 'before' setup.
But here's the weird thing, this is true only if I'm included <memory> (or it was included in any library)!
Some minute ago I try to compile for several processor and have same results, this is clearly a sign of something wrong in arduino 1.66 and not teensyduino portion...
I'm starting really hate 1.66...

Headroom
12-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Since Arduino 1.6.6 the Ethernet library supports multicast in EthernetUDP.cpp and .h.
That support is missing in Teensyduino 1.2.6.

Over the past 2 or more years I've usually added the small additions manually to the Ethernet library with each new release of Teensyduino.
It would be really nice to get this into Teensyduino.

Multicast is a pre-requisit for the EthernetBonjour library , which works really nicely with Teensy boards.