Static Electric Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmfoster

I'm creating a static electric keyboard (a keyboard that types from static electricity) for a physics project. I'm using a teensy ++ 2.0. My code so far isn't giving any output, not even 0 or extremely weird numbers. I even tried to replace the variable with a string and I couldn't get the print function to give any output. Please help!! I'm attaching my code.. all I have for the circuit so far is a wire going to the 38 pin.
honors code.PNG

The code is right, so suggest checking that you are in fact compiling for a teensy2, and that you are pointed at the right serial port. You can also change what your Teensy is trying to be but that shouldn't matter.

That out of the way suggest loading 'blink' and making sure the download process work, then add a println to the blink sketch and use that to confirm you are getting text back.

And you are bringing up the terminal via the button top right corner to see your text? It doesn't show up in the black area, that's where compiler messages go.

So I didn't know about the terminal in the top left corner so thanks.. but when I clicked on it an error came up... it said " no serial port name defined".. what does that mean?

Means you haven't set a serial port up under the tools menu. Depending on what else you have plugged in but hopefully will just have the single option for your teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back