BitlashTeensy [Micro]Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitormhenrique

Hello Guys,
I've been working on a [micro] computer based on teensy and bitlash interpreter, the idea was to help me when i just want to test something but don't want to program a microcontroller.

I finally got into a stage that my project is sharable.

I made a custom PCB with teensy, a 74LVC245 level shifter and a ws2812B led.
I can control level shifter direction through bitlash, making possible to output 5V. I also broke out all pins to the lateral of the computer, few pins dedicated to servo can be powered by the internal battery or an external power supply (barrel jack on the right side of the computer).

The internal battery can be charged through a micro usb and teensy code can be update through a mini usb.

I'm quite satisfied with the results so far, despite I still have much to work on the software side.

IMG_1675.jpgIMG_1678.jpgIMG_1679.jpg
IMG_1680.jpgIMG_1676.jpg

@vitor - is this where you are making use of the setScrollTextArea() code?
As noted on the other font size question thread - in working with the USER font ComicSansMS back in the ILI9341 sample I had to make some adjustments. It was perfect with the adafruit font - I am seeing an anomaly in my returning to a scroll area in progress and resetting the cursor - it ends up with some sized fonts overwriting in place and not scrolling unless the scroll rectangle is the correct size? If you are looking to get the scroll code included maybe you can start a new thread? I've put more than enough scroll specific posts in the ILI9341 thread. If you have time to look you might spot it quickly given a sample.

@defragster this is indeed where I was planing to use the scroll functionality on ILI9341 library. I didn't had time to check this issue yet, so many projects, only 24 hours / day, my day job only disrupts my fun.

I'll send you a PM with my email, can you send me a Sketch to reproduce the issue?

I wonder where you get the keyboard, it reminds me the cool old days with ZX81 spektrum :) (hopefully I forget the bad hours triyng to recovery programs from stereo 7 cassette)
Really cool project!

I remember using a cassette deck for my commodore computer ... absolutely hilarious

@sumotoy the keyboard is a xbox 360 chatpad, you can get the library and more information here.
I needed to modify the original library to work with bitlash and some other timing issues.

@Paul yes... they are 3d printed. I'll post all the files on thingverse! :)

I missed this thread completely! Sorry...

I left the scrolling with a little improvement on my branch on github, I did not made a pull request to paul's branch. I did not want to possible create bugs.

Other then that this project is 90% compleate, I had problems making bitlash work with sd cards and decided to not include that feature.

I'll post all files on github / thingverse this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back