Teensy 3 + Audio Board + SPI Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo Ryuken

I'm interested in using Frank B's library to play RAW audio from serial flash, and also use onehorse's 128 MB Flash add on.

It looks like the Audio Board and SPI Flash add on share some of the same pins on the Teensy board.

Is it okay? As you can probably tell from my question, I am fairly new to all this.

I'm interested in using Frank B's library to play RAW audio from serial flash, and also use onehorse's 128 MB Flash add on.

It looks like the Audio Board and SPI Flash add on share some of the same pins on the Teensy board.

Is it okay? As you can probably tell from my question, I am fairly new to all this.

My old lib is depcreated, please use the new one, which is included in the latest Teensyduino releases. It supports Pauls Flash "Filesystem".

My old lib is depcreated, please use the new one, which is included in the latest Teensyduino releases. It supports Pauls Flash "Filesystem".

Thank you for letting me know. Offhand, do you know if some of the pins can be reassigned on either the Audio Board or the SPI Flash? I'd like to use both on the same Teensy board if possible.

The audio library automatically uses the pins where the SPI flash would connect on the audio shield, so there's no conflict. Refer to the audio shield schematic for details.

The audio library automatically uses the pins where the SPI flash would connect on the audio shield, so there's no conflict. Refer to the audio shield schematic for details.

When I say SPI Flash I mean onehorse's 1Gbit memory add on board which connects to Teensy directly via pins 10-15:
https://www.tindie.com/products/onehorse/spi-flash-memory-add-ons-for-teensy-3x/

As the Teensy Audio Board uses those pins as well, I'm assuming either the Audio Board or the Memory Board would need to remap their pins in order to avoid pin conflicts one Teensy?

I suppose for the difficulty involved in me figuring out how to get the Audio Board working with the 128Mbyte Memory Board, it would be much easier to just solder on the 16Mbyte Winbond chip.

16 Mbyte will certainly work. I was just checking to see if there was a realistic way to achieve the higher capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back