WIZ820io connects only with 10M

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael.tanner

Hi all

I'm just wondering why the WIZ820io will only connect with 10MB and not with 100MB on my current project. I have an other HW with WIZ820io in place which connects with 100MB (yellow Led is on).

Is it possible to set the speed somewhere? I use it with Teensy 3.1 and the code is "standard" with DHCP.

Thanks,
Regards,
Mike

Code:
boolean getIPAddress()
{
	int idx = 0;
	int DHCP = 0;
	DHCP = Ethernet.begin(mac);

while (DHCP == 0 && idx < 3)	//Try to get dhcp settings 3 times before giving up
	{	
		KickWatchDog();
		delay(5000);
		DHCP = Ethernet.begin(mac);
		idx++;
	}

Last edited:
I know very little about this code but this thread seems to discuss it.
It seems to be suggested the Teensy -> SPI -> WIZ820io link is the bottle neck. I really can't say with any certainty though

If the link rate (per LEDs) is 10Mbps rather than 100Mbps, perhaps there's an auto-negotiation compatibility problem. Try a different cat5 cable? Try connecting to a different switch port or different switch type?
(this would likely not be an SPI or driver issue) as the negotiation is done wholly within the wiznet chip's firmware. The 820io spec says it supports 10/100 and auto-negotiation, and auto-cross-over detection. I.e., throughput on 10 or 100 Base is a separate issue after speed negotiation finishes.)

Last edited:
I have a gigabit switch and 2 hubs I use for testing ethernet. When I plug the Wiz820io into the gigabit switch or the 10/100 hub, the leds show it's using 100 mode. The other hub I have is only 10. So far, I've never actually done more verification than just looking at the status LEDs on the switch and hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back