Chossing the right opamp for teensy 3.2 DAC audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

tly

hey guys :)

i bought a teensy 3.2 some time ago and i (like almost everyone :D) started a little audio project. Im using the DAC as an output and I would like to drive some small speakers with an amplifier. Im currently using a LM258 opamp as a small bit of amplification for headphone output. The output is reasonably loud and clear, but only for amplified speakers or headphones, small speakers like old PC-Beepers (http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/7/7d/7d411b8b_vbattach158175.jpeg) cannot be driven by the amp, let alone bigger speakers.

The opamp is configured for a gain of roughly 3, supplied by a 12V DC adapter. I attached a picture of the circuit (drawn in mspaint :cool:)

My question is: Is it possible to drive bigger speakers with my configuration, or do i have some kind of impedance/level problem? If anyone used an opamp for the DAC output, could you recommend a good one for audio output?

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    14 KB · Views: 863
Just wanted you to know, I bought the lm4871 and it works really nice :) and i can make it really loud :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back