Mutable Instruments Braids port to Teensy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacroMachines

https://github.com/modlfo/teensy-braids

says its 2 years ago, never saw/heard of this until now. I am wondering if it works and how to go about playing with it. I have the official store bought braids in my euro system and its one of my favorite modules by far, I would love to hack it or make a diy custom version using this teensy.

https://github.com/modlfo/teensy-braids

says its 2 years ago, never saw/heard of this until now. I am wondering if it works and how to go about playing with it. I have the official store bought braids in my euro system and its one of my favorite modules by far, I would love to hack it or make a diy custom version using this teensy.

well, if you look at the code, there's code in there for 4 buttons, 4 encoders and an OLED; also some UDP stuff in there, but that doesn't seem to be implemented. to see if it works, you probably have to compile it and try?

since most of the synthesis models (oscillators, drums, etc) running on the F103 line of modules is fairly easily turned into teensy audio lib objects, my 2c is that would be of more use to more people than a full blow teensy "clone". also considering it's fairly easy to built the real thing, everything being open hard/software etc.

fwiw, if you poke around there's a STMF4 port for braids, too.

well, if you look at the code, there's code in there for 4 buttons, 4 encoders and an OLED; also some UDP stuff in there, but that doesn't seem to be implemented. to see if it works, you probably have to compile it and try?

I want to compile and try, I just don't know where to start, there are so many files in here and as far as I can tell none of them are arduino sketches so I don't know exactly how to go about compiling and uploading to teensy

since most of the synthesis models (oscillators, drums, etc) running on the F103 line of modules is fairly easily turned into teensy audio lib objects, my 2c is that would be of more use to more people than a full blow teensy "clone". also considering it's fairly easy to built the real thing, everything being open hard/software etc.

I agree, not to mention his other modules, I am down to work on this as I learn how to make audio lib objects. I am officially making some audio lib objects in the next few weeks, ill look through this/the original braids code as I go.

fwiw, if you poke around there's a STMF4 port for braids, too.

does that mean I could run it on my discovery board? I am still not sure where to start with developing for the STM32F4 discovery board I got. It's probably the only other dev board that I am interested in other then Teensy. I tried some interesting things with Audio Weaver which is a modular DSP network design tool based around MatLab, they have a free demo on their site. It looks useful but I called them up to see how much it costs : 14 grand for a license if I remember, and on top of that 1 dollar for each unit sold of the product it was used to create for the first 1000 units.

I want to compile and try, I just don't know where to start, there are so many files in here and as far as I can tell none of them are arduino sketches so I don't know exactly how to go about compiling and uploading to teensy

there's a makefile: https://github.com/modlfo/teensy-braids/blob/master/Makefile

I agree, not to mention his other modules

these are F405 based, they don't use integer math; they won't run very well if at all on teensy.

does that mean I could run it on my discovery board? I am still not sure where to start with developing for the STM32F4 discovery board I got. It's probably the only other dev board that I am interested in other then Teensy

yes, the STMf405 port you could, with some minor modifications. braids uses a SPI DAC, said port uses a codec/i2s; but a different one than the disco board.

as for starting, i'd start simple. take a look here here, for example; it's a very basic example but easier not to get lost in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back