Installing Teensyduino 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM

Stuck on installing Teensyduino 1.27 for my Teensy 3.2. I'm trying the install under Windows 10 and Arduino IDE 1.6.5.

I start the Teensyduino installer and it detects an installed Windows 10 USB driver okay and I click on 'next'.

When I go to the next step to choose the Arduino location to install Teensyduino, no folder I've been able to choose is recognized by the installer which would then let me go to the next step in the installation. I've drilled down into all the Arduino folders under C:\Program Files\Arduino but nothing I pull up is recognized by the installer. I read on the install instructions, that once the correct folder is found, the installer will allow me to select the 'next' button.

Has anyone experienced this before and gotten around it?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Bob

I think I answered my own question. When I clicked on the question mark when selecting a folder, I see that there was a checksum error when checking the version. Teesyduino is made for IDE version 1.6.5-r5. I'm running IDE version 1.6.5. I'll upgrade the IDE to 1.6.7 and see if that fixes the problem.

Arduino 1.6.5 was a bit of a mess, in terms of release. They actually published 5 different copies, all different in small but important ways. Except not all 5 were for all systems. Some were only done on Windows, some only on Macintosh.

Odds are you've probably got one of the 4 earlier releases of 1.6.5.

If you really want 1.6.5 (which happens to be the last before they changed to the new builder process that fixed a ton of long-standing bugs and limitations, but added new bugs) just download a fresh copy of 1.6.5-r5 from Arduino's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back