Good microphone for audio board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassing

What is a good microphone to use with the audio board? I tried to search and couldn't find a reference to one. Interested mostly in speech/human voice, but not strictly limited to that...

Thanks.

Thanks to you both! I had tried one I had here but it sounded horrible, but may have been salvaged...

Hey Kris -- as a matter of fact, I put one in my cart. I figured I had some time before my other bits ship.

I soldered a electrolytic capacitor of 220uf across the 2.2uF on pin16 (between micbias and gnd )
Now i have much less noise on the audio input, so a cheap mic capsule works very good now.
martin

audio.jpg

slick idea -- did you remove something too? but the way the image looks; it looks like the cap is soldered to the same smd componentwith a wire going to mic-ground. I think I get the idea; just hte picture isn't so obvious (to me).
The mic I got did have some noise, so I'm going to try this.

I'm excited to try something with my TV -- when I pute the tv, there is a noticable hum; and at high volumes, the hum is there too; so I'm hoping, with the audio board, I can adjust and adjust to get a filter of one sort or another to filter out that hum.
Where there is voice /music the hum becomes nearly unnoticable...
The teensy board/audio is got me thinking all sorts of ideas that have been bugging me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back