PDA

View Full Version : Teensyduino 1.28 Beta #1 Available

Paul
03-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Here is a first beta test for Teensyduino 1.28.

Edit: old beta test linkes removed. Full non-beta release is here:
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Changes since Teensyduino 1.27:

Support for Arduino 1.6.8
Ethernet rewrite
Serial1, Serial2, Serial3 setTX(pin) setRX(pin)
Wire setSDA(pin) & setSCL(pin) & end()
pinMode INPUT_PULLDOWN, OUTPUT_OPENDRAIN (thanks Xenoamor)
USB Mouse supports MOUSE_BACK & MOUSE_FORWARD buttons (thanks Xenoamor)
SPI.usingInterrupt supports IntervalTimer
Add libraries: MFRC522, Bounce2, RA8875
Update LiquidCrystal, Adafruit_GFX, Adafruit_NeoPixel, AltSoftSerial, Audio, CapacitiveSensor, DS1307RTC, Encoder, i2c_t3, ILI9341_t3, OctoWS2811, OneWire, SerialFlash, ShiftPWM, Snooze, TFT_ILI9163C, Time, TimerOne, TimerThree
Added CMP register defs (thanks Duff)
Convert all built-in library from "legacy" format
Fix serial monitor transmit in non-Serial modes
Fix small error in IntervalTimer floating point init
Fix momentary wrong board display in Teensy Loader during "Reboot OK"
Fix back button in installer when an error is detected (easier to retry)
Installer name changed from "teensyduino" to "TeensyduinoInstall"

Matadormac
03-10-2016, 05:17 AM
Hi Paul.

Fresh install of Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28 beta #1. Windows 10 64 bit.

Working with DS1307RTC and get the following compiler errors:

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307 RTC\examples\SetTime\SetTime.ino:3:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307 RTC/DS1307RTC.h:19:22: error: 'tmElements_t' has not been declared

static bool read(tmElements_t &tm);

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307 RTC/DS1307RTC.h:20:23: error: 'tmElements_t' has not been declared

static bool write(tmElements_t &tm);

^

SetTime:10: error: 'tmElements_t' does not name a type
tmElements_t tm;

^

SetTime: In function 'void setup()':
SetTime:20: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
if (RTC.write(tm)) {

^

SetTime: In function 'bool getTime(const char*)':
SetTime:53: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
tm.Hour = Hour;

^

SetTime:54: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
tm.Minute = Min;

^

SetTime:55: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
tm.Second = Sec;

^

SetTime: In function 'bool getDate(const char*)':
SetTime:70: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
tm.Day = Day;

^

SetTime:71: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
tm.Month = monthIndex + 1;

^

SetTime:72: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
tm.Year = CalendarYrToTm(Year);

^

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire
Using library DS1307RTC at version 1.4 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307 RTC
'tmElements_t' does not name a type

Matadormac
03-10-2016, 05:41 AM
The fix for this seems to be the same as from message:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/31926-Teensy-3-2-Read-Test-(DS1307RTC)-broken?highlight=DS1307RTC

#ifndef DS1307RTC_h
#define DS1307RTC_h

#include <Time.h>
#include <TimeLib.h>

// library interface description
class DS1307RTC

#include <TimeLib.h> needs to be added to DS1307RTC.h and the code compiles.

I suppose this is an oddity of my system but at least it is consistent.

Best

PaulStoffregen
03-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Oh, opps, hopefully this fixes everything?

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/DS1307RTC/commit/160fa0dbca29f6fb3c1465954f89ad7f1f0fbf67

Epyon
03-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Could you please elaborate a bit on what changed in the Ethernet lib? It's not quite clear to me from your commits.

PaulStoffregen
03-10-2016, 09:19 AM
TL;DR = reduced redundant register reads in socket layer, and had to restructure almost all the code to do it. Fixed a couple bugs too. Maybe added some...

Longer version is on the github commit log.
https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Ethernet/commits/master

mortonkopf
03-10-2016, 05:06 PM
@Paul. Thanks for including the Glediator example for OctoWS2811. Should reduce the forum traffic for that issue.

SoftwareSamurai
03-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Just FYI:

Here are some changes I had to make to get Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28-beta1 to work correctly with Visual Studio 2012 v11.0.61219.00 Update 5 and Visual Micro v1603.1.0:

In Arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/platform.txt:

## Create archives
## recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.ar}" rcs "{build.path}/core/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"
recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.ar}" rcs "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"

## Teensy Loader
## tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/..
tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={compiler.path}

## tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{cmd.path}/teensy_post_compile" -test "-file={build.project_name}" "-path={build.path}" "-tools={cmd.path}" "-board={build.board}" -reboot
tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}/teensy_post_compile" -test "-file={build.project_name}" "-path={build.path}" "-tools={tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}" "-board={build.board}" -reboot

For recipe.ar.pattern: I had to remove "core/". Apparently it looks for "core.a" in the main build folder, not in a sub-folder "core/".

For tools.teensyloader.cmd.path: "runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path" doesn't appear to be defined. I substituted it with "{compiler.path}". (May not be technically correct, but it works.)

For tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern: "{cmd.path}" doesn't appear to be defined. I put in the fully-qualified "{tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}".

stevech
03-11-2016, 02:21 AM
@SoftwareSamurai

If not already done, may I suggest also sending this info to Tim at Visual Micro?
He usually tries to re-sync Teensy to the moving train of Arduino releases.

SoftwareSamurai
03-11-2016, 03:00 AM
@stevech

I've copied the post over in the Visual Micro form.

Do you think the Visual Micro extension is at fault here? I thought the Teensy's platform.txt file just wasn't updated fully yet.

ccorrea
03-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Hi Paul,
I tried to install Teensyduino 1.28-beta1 for Arduino 1.6.8 in W10 but the installer doesn't detect correctly my arduino version .

Any clure how to fix that?

Thanks

Christian

PaulStoffregen
03-11-2016, 02:51 PM
The nightly versions aren't supported. You need to get the official Arduino release.

ccorrea
03-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Ok, thanks a lot!! now is working with the righ version.

stevech
03-11-2016, 04:33 PM
@stevech

I've copied the post over in the Visual Micro form.

Do you think the Visual Micro extension is at fault here? I thought the Teensy's platform.txt file just wasn't updated fully yet. Sorry - I don't know.

Theremingenieur
03-11-2016, 04:49 PM
The Arduino Eclipse 3.0 plugin requires that the platform.txt is slightly edited, too. But that's not a big thing, I got used to it.

SoftwareSamurai
03-11-2016, 06:19 PM
The Arduino Eclipse 3.0 plugin requires that the platform.txt is slightly edited, too. But that's not a big thing, I got used to it.

If you post the changes you had to make, perhaps Paul can incorporate them and officially support the Arduino Eclipse 3.0 plugin.

Paul, what do you think?

Frank B
03-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Here is a first beta test for Teensyduino 1.28.

Could you consider adding the version to the filename ?

PaulStoffregen
03-11-2016, 10:48 PM
If you post the changes you had to make, perhaps Paul can incorporate them and officially support the Arduino Eclipse 3.0 plugin.

Paul, what do you think?

I'd have to see the changes to offer any opinion.

I recently made a change requested by Jantje for the Eclipse plugin. Maybe the platform.txt in 1.28-beta1 already has what you need? Or maybe it's closer than 1.27?

In the past, I put some commented lines in boards.txt to make things simpler for people using Visual Micro. Maybe this could be similar?

Please understand I do not actually use Eclipse, so I need requests like this to be very clear & specific.

baylf2000
03-11-2016, 11:58 PM
I'm unable to install 1.28 beta #1 from this thread on my Windows 10 64-bit system with Arduino 1.6.8.

The installer stops with the "Unable to write changes to /lib/pde.jar" error.

I have tried several times, and with both a freshly installed version of Arduino 1.6.8 in the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino" location, and with a expanded ZIP version in my home directory.

I have also tried to run the install on a expanded ZIP version of Arduino 1.6.7 which is located in my home directory, at it too fails with the same error. The Teensyduino 1.27 installer however successfully runs on that same version 1.6.7 without any errors.

The only security software I have on my system is Windows Defender, which has been disabled.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
Lachlan.

defragster
03-12-2016, 04:35 AM
I pulled the "arduino-1.6.8-windows.zip", extracted to my I: ( as usual ) :: Windows 10 Pro x64
Pulled "TeensyduinoInstall128b1.exe" and installed to I:\Teensy168

Teensyduino 1.28 Install ran perfectly/normally, IDE started up compiled, Ran TeensyDuino to upload.

[@Koromix] - then had TYQT Integrate to Arduino and it works fine.

PaulStoffregen
03-12-2016, 05:44 AM
The only security software I have on my system is Windows Defender, which has been disabled.

Are you sure there's no other hidden security software running?

baylf2000
03-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Are you sure there's no other hidden security software running?

Yes, very sure. Also, as I said, the Arduino 1.6.7 and Teensyduino 1.27 combination work perfectly, which I assume would not be the case if there was something blocking the process?

Lachlan.

defragster
03-12-2016, 06:15 AM
re win10 :: Did you right click the exe and do properties / 'unblock'? Expect I instinctively did that. I often also right click and do 'run as admin' which I did not do this time.

When I did the 1.6.8 unzip I even forgot to close the 1.6.7 IDE that was open, no conflicts.

baylf2000
03-12-2016, 06:21 AM
re win10 :: Did you right click the exe and do properties / 'unblock'? Expect I instinctively did that. I often also right click and do 'run as admin' which I did not do this time.

When I did the 1.6.8 unzip I even forgot to close the 1.6.7 IDE that was open, no conflicts.

Thanks for your suggestions.

The file is not "blocked", so that is not relevant in this case. All installation exe's automatically run as admin, so that is not relevant either.

defragster
03-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Bummer - got'ta be something. I've not done an install to Progra~1 for 10 months or so - started that way and saw conflicts in the betas and builds coming out of 1.6.0 - uninstalled all those and have done ZIP copies exclusively. Nothing in progra~? and nothing in 'my' documents. My Java was not current - just now getting newest 8.73x32. First thing 1.6.8 did was complain my boards/AVR was OLD so I updated that. This new BOARDS scheme has introduced a common %appdata% directory across installs when ZIP copies had been mostly independent.

Frank B
03-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Fresh install on c:\Arduino without problems. WIN10 pro x64.

PaulStoffregen
03-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Ok, this is going to sound a little crazy, but can you try renaming the file to just "teensyduino.exe"?

Until now, that's the name used for all prior versions. I changed to "TeensyduinoInstall.exe" for 1.28-beta1. Windows automatically runs it as admin if the name has the word "install" or "setup".

I tested here on Windows 10 64 bit. It installed perfectly fine, same as Defragster saw. I have no idea why it's not doing the same on your machine, but I really do want to know.

defragster
03-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Just for fun - I renamed the saved TeensyduinoInstall128b1.exe I used before to TeensyduinoInstall.exe and I re-ran the install with no issues on my Win10. This is on the same machine where I now have the latest JAVA installed.

Paul: I suspect not as there is no 'native'/hardware/esp8266 dir - just the BoardsMgr copy in %appdata% - but ... Is there any way TeensyDuinoInstall can mark/expose the TIME lib as usable by ESP8266?
I can put it in my Libraries or in 'C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp 8266\hardware\esp8266\2.1.0\libraries' and have it work, but the ESP8266 folks aren't including it. The tested TIMELIB fix the other day was using it with an esp8266 Server package I started using to get NTP time (on the ESP).
Conversely - can my ESP sketch tell the IDE to look here :: I:\Teensy168\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Time

PaulStoffregen
03-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Is there any way TeensyDuinoInstall can mark/expose the TIME lib as usable by ESP8266?

No, not really.

Even if I wanted to meddle with the software packages of other products, the Teensyduino installer doesn't have any knowledge of where the %appdata% folder where Arduino installs this other stuff. I suppose it's theoretically possible I could write code to discover such locations, but that would be a lot of work, just so I could install stuff for non-Teensy boards. It could also turn into a maintenance nightmare. Arduino has a long history of restructuring where the install stuff every year or two, with a trend to increasing complexity.

There's also the real danger I could mess up things for the ESP8266. Imagine how that would look, from a public relations standpoint?!

Of course, I already do publish and sort-of maintain the Time library on github. It uses the library manager scheme Arduino defines, which is supposed to make it available for all boards.

defragster
03-12-2016, 11:38 AM
No, not really. ...

Good Answer - Thanks. If there was a supported way I can confirm it doesn't come by default (library.properties:: architectures=*), and my lame attempts adding a short hardware\libs were ignored or HUNG the IDE on startup. You can pull FULL github code into hardware\esp8266com\esp8266 - but a select library is bad news. Otherwise indeed the Boards Mgr code ties into %appdata% where PJRC would have no knowledge or ownership when they update or mangle it.

Back toward the topic - I can confirm updated TIME still works with ESP8266 under 1.6.8 - and that TeensyDuinoInstall doesn't break anything there.

PaulStoffregen
03-12-2016, 12:06 PM
If there was a supported way I can confirm it doesn't come by default (library.properties:: architectures=*),

When in doubt, you can always just look at what's actually in the library.properties file.

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Time/blob/master/library.properties

defragster
03-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Indeed - that is where I got that from - before I tried it last I saw the '*' and thought - maybe it will just work . . .

SoftwareSamurai
03-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Update on my reported problem with the platform.txt file:

Turns out that I had not uninstalled an older version of Visual Micro before installing the latest v1603.1.0. Once I uninstalled all versions of Visual Micro, then installed v1603.1.0, build and upload worked without any mods.

mconsidine
03-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Installed this on Linux (Xubuntu) 15.10 ("Wily Werewolf") without any real issue. I do notice that when uploading a program ("Blink" as a test), I need to hit the program mode button, rather than just "Upload". The message in console section of the IDE says
Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.

I have not had this issue on a Windows (Vista) install and this is admittedly the first time I've tried moving work on Teensy over to a Linux box. So I can't say whether this is new behavior, my machine's weirdness or what. But I pass it along nevertheless. If I get a chance to revert backwards a version I'll see if there's any difference.

Matt

PaulStoffregen
03-12-2016, 05:38 PM
I had one person email with a similar problem on 1.27, where the installer just couldn't write to pde.jar. Also Win 10. He found a log file that said the error was access denied. Never did figure out why.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, but I just don't know how.

mconsidine
03-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Attached is the log file of "Verbose" output from teensy, in the event it helps. The log starts with my hitting the "Upload" button, after which I get the warning mentioned. At line 128 is where I hit the button on the Teensy itself to get Blink uploaded.
Matt

Frank B
03-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Is it intendend that the marked lines are double ? Is it doing something twice ?

`C:\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Arduino\hardware" -tools "C:\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -built-in-libraries "C:\Arduino\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=rawhid,speed=96opt,ke ys=en-us -ide-version=10608 -build-path "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp" -warnings=all -verbose "f:\arduino_modified_sketch_5036\Basic.pde"
C:\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Arduino\hardware" -tools "C:\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -built-in-libraries "C:\Arduino\libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries" -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=rawhid,speed=96opt,ke ys=en-us -ide-version=10608 -build-path "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp" -warnings=all -verbose "f:\arduino_modified_sketch_5036\Basic.pde"
Build-Optionen wurden verändert, alles wird neu kompiliert
"C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=128 -DARDUINO=10608 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_RAWHID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp\sketc h\Basic.pde.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=128 -DARDUINO=10608 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_RAWHID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp\sketc h\Basic.pde.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=128 -DARDUINO=10608 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_RAWHID -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp\sketc h\Basic.pde.cpp" -o "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp\prepr oc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
"C:\Arduino\tools-builder\ctags\5.8-arduino10/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "f:\buildcd91ce49097a1ecee9513e7c828af939.tmp\prepr oc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"

blackketter
03-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Successfully downloaded, installed and ran my big project on OS X (latest El Capitan)

Minor cosmetic issue in the layout of the DMG, the icon appears in to be positioned incorrectly:

Frank B
03-16-2016, 08:10 PM
Could you change the name of usb-type "Raw HID" to "Serial + Raw HID" ? It is both.

Edit: err... not :-)
forget it :)

Frank B
03-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Is it possible to add a Serial + Raw Hid mode to the menu ?

defragster
03-21-2016, 01:42 AM
Paul - it seems SSD1306 is broken by IDE 1.6.8? There is an updated ADAFRUIT library it seems. There was something called "swap()" that went away and the Adafruit on Github now includes a custom:: #define SSD1306_swap()

Notes here. (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/27824-Tiny-Scope?p=99924&viewfull=1#post99924) on the Tiny-Scope thread

My first post of error log and finding a couple posts above that: 27824-Tiny-Scope?p=99873 (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/27824-Tiny-Scope?p=99873&viewfull=1#post99873)

defragster
03-21-2016, 08:56 AM
This swap() in post #41 came from the Adafruit_GFX library and they changed it. Did PJRC take a new GFX and not the new SSD1306 from Adafruit? I checked 1.6.7 and1.6.6 are the same versus 1.6.8::

Line #11 in the 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 tree::

Adafruit_GFX.h (libraries\adafruit_gfx):#define swap(a, b) { int16_t t = a; a = b; b = t; }

Line #53 in the 1.6.8 tree::

Adafruit_GFX.cpp (libraries\adafruit_gfx):#define _swap_int16_t(a, b) { int16_t t = a; a = b; b = t; }

<EDIT> : I just opened the 1.6.7 : I:\Teensy167\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Adafrui t_GFX.h and the swap() was defined the same as in 1.6.6.

Jantje
03-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Hi Paul
The nightly Arduino eclipse plugin builds fine with version 1.28. Thanks for that.
However the upload fix seems to have been lost in the communication.
It is exactly the same thing but for tools.teensyloader.cmd.path.
Here is what I have after fixing.

## Teensy Loader
#tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/..
tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={runtime.hardware.path }/../tools/
Best regards
Jantje

PaulStoffregen
03-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Did PJRC take a new GFX and not the new SSD1306 from Adafruit?

Yup, that's exactly what happened!

I'll update SSD1306 in the next beta.

nycj9
03-26-2016, 05:07 AM
potential MIDI issue

Hi Paul,

Fresh install of Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28 beta #1. El Capitan. Teensy 3.1

Install was normal and I can upload as MIDI with no errors but the Teensy is not being recognized as a MIDI device by any of my software after programming. I’m testing with the MIDI Buttons example.

If I upload from another Mac running Arduino 1.6.7 and Teendsyduino 1.27 everything is fine.

Thanks.

Frank B
03-29-2016, 05:05 PM
@Paul,
how much time is until 1.28 release ? I want to update FastCRC.
and..did you notice my pullrequests for SerialFlash ?

PaulStoffregen
03-30-2016, 01:26 AM
how much time is until 1.28 release ? I want to update FastCRC.

My goal is beta2 sometime this week, and wrap up 1.28 on Sunday or maybe early next week.

and..did you notice my pullrequests for SerialFlash ?

Yes, thanks. It's one of many which piled up while I was pouring all my dev time into releasing the prop shield. I should get to it tonight or tomorrow.

PaulStoffregen
03-31-2016, 11:34 AM
1.28-beta2 is coming soon. Now's the time to remind me of stuff that should go into Teensyduino 1.28. ;)

Frank B
03-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Ok, i havn't enough time, and i'm not 100% satisfied with the new FastCRC
So...Let's wait for 1.29 :)

Jantje
04-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Paul
Have you seen my message?

Hi Paul
The nightly Arduino eclipse plugin builds fine with version 1.28. Thanks for that.
However the upload fix seems to have been lost in the communication.
It is exactly the same thing but for tools.teensyloader.cmd.path.
Here is what I have after fixing.

Best regards
Jantje

PaulStoffregen
04-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Oh, I see. I've updated "tools.teensyloader.cmd.path" just now. It'll be fixed in 1.28-beta2.

Jantje
04-05-2016, 10:55 PM
:-)
I have looked on your github repository for these files but I have not found them. Otherwise I would have created a pull request.

defragster
04-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Another idea I had for the WIKI (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28866-Wiki-Coming-Please-link-worthy-posts?p=75217&viewfull=1#post75217) - Provide a searchable page to EVERY GitHub library and source tree of import (as well as DOCS on usage, etc.), that has a link to the GITHUB source tree for issues - to check those known and know where to go for forking and pull requests. Wow - I had that in the first post!

PaulStoffregen
04-06-2016, 12:55 AM
I'm applying fixes and updates in preparation for 1.28-beta2. Now's the time to remind me of updates or fixes that ought to go into 1.28.

My intention is only serious bug fixes after 1.28-beta2, for the final 1.28 release. Everything else will end up waiting to go into 1.29 around June-July time frame.

adrian
04-06-2016, 01:33 AM
Could you include defragster's version of Talkie? Is that how this works...???

If I update, its going to do some changes to my libraries, but its not going to remove my 'custom' libraries? i use Midi 4.2 and I don't want that removed, for example, from my libraries folder.

defragster
04-06-2016, 01:34 AM
Paul already pulled those changes on GitHub!

No - what you put in (sketches)\Libraries is not touched. In fact after the 1.28b2 installs you will want to take TALKIE out of that folder to use the PJRC version.

<edit> Adrian - here's link to the PULL request (https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Talkie/pull/1) Paul took. The worst thing about Teensy is GitHub - it almost works but is often fitfully painful.

MichaelMeissner
04-06-2016, 01:54 AM
I assume SSD1306 and other Adafruit library fixes will be merged?

adrian
04-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Ah ... i think I will have to get a bit more familiar with GIT .... named after Linus Torvald, I am told ...... on windows i have a folder ".... avr/libraries" where cpp / h 'libraries' reside in their folders... that is where I keep a folder called 'Talkie' ... will that not be overwritten?

fretless_kb
04-06-2016, 03:57 AM
I'm applying fixes and updates in preparation for 1.28-beta2. Now's the time to remind me of updates or fixes that ought to go into 1.28.

I for one would like to see the examples for the graphics lib updated. When using the example for graphics test on the ILI9341_t3 tft the initialization para maters have changed yes? :
from
ILI9341_t3 tft = ILI9341_t3(TFT_CS, TFT_DC); to
something like ->
ILI9341_t3 tft = ILI9341_t3(TFT_CS, TFT_DC,255,7,14,8);

If I could spend the time to setup github and do a pull request I would but... I get way too little time on this compared to my 'skill'

Also I've noticed a problem with the accelerated ILI9341_t3 lib and the sound card. I don't know if others have found this and fixed it (I would love to know what's the problem or at least how to resolve it) however I found that using hte graphics display with a sound card/ shield I have to revert to the ada fruit lib vs the accelerated lib. I'll post test code which I have found the Accel Graphics work but the SD card will not 'initialize' if I use the accelerated lib.

Just add/ remove the commented line
//#define T3_ACCEL 1
to the included file and I find I can not access the SD card of the audio shield when using the accelerated T3 Graphics lib.

Thanks for your time Kb

P.S. I attended the Arduino Day and brought 1 completed project and a bunch of half completed projects and there was a serious interest in the T3 and the graphics (and touch) displays.

Thanks for your efforts Paul.

MichaelMeissner
04-06-2016, 04:58 AM
As I mentioned in the prop shield thread, I think it would be useful to have an example that uses the shield to play recorded sounds.

Here is the current fixed version:

// Converted from the WavFilePlay from the Teensy release:
// hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio/examples/WavFilePlayer/WavFilePlayer.ino
//
// Simple RAW file player example for the prop shield to use the Analog DAC
// and prop shield amplifier to play mono sounds.
// http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioOutputAnalog
//
// On the prop shield, pin 6 selects the serial flash memory controller,
// and pin 5 enables the amplifier.
//
// This example code is in the public domain.

#include <Audio.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
AudioPlaySerialflashRaw playFlashRaw1; //xy=149,388
AudioMixer4 mixer1; //xy=445,386
AudioOutputAnalog dac1; //xy=591,379
AudioConnection patchCord1(playFlashRaw1, 0, mixer1, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord2(mixer1, dac1);
// GUItool: end automatically generated code

#define PROP_AMP_ENABLE 5
#define FLASH_CHIP_SELECT 6
#define VOLUME_POT A1

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);

// wait up to 3 seconds for the Serial device to become available
long unsigned debug_start = millis ();
while (!Serial && ((millis () - debug_start) <= 3000))
;

Serial.println ("Start prop shield RAW player");

// Enable the amplifier on the prop shield
pinMode(PROP_AMP_ENABLE, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(PROP_AMP_ENABLE, HIGH);

// Audio connections require memory to work. For more
// detailed information, see the MemoryAndCpuUsage example
AudioMemory(8);

// Set initial volume
mixer1.gain(0, 0.5f);

// uncomment these lines if you have a potentiometer or trimpot
// on the pin A1 to control the volume, and comment out the
// above line
// float vol = analogRead(VOLUME_POT);
// mixer1.gain(0, vol / 1024.0f);

// Start SerialFlash
if (!SerialFlash.begin(FLASH_CHIP_SELECT)) {
while (1)
{
Serial.println ("Cannot access SPI Flash chip");
delay (1000);
}
}
}

void playFile(const char *filename)
{
Serial.print("Playing file: ");
Serial.println(filename);

// Start playing the file. This sketch continues to
// run while the file plays.
playFlashRaw1.play(filename);

// A brief delay for the library read RAW info
delay(5);

// Simply wait for the file to finish playing.
while (playFlashRaw1.isPlaying()) {
// uncomment these lines if you have a potentiometer or trimpot
// on the pin A1 to control the volume
// float vol = analogRead(VOLUME_POT);
// mixer1.gain(0, vol / 1024.0f);
}
}

void loop() {
playFile("SDTEST1.RAW"); // filenames are always uppercase 8.3 format
delay(500);
playFile("SDTEST2.RAW");
delay(500);
playFile("SDTEST3.RAW");
delay(500);
playFile("SDTEST4.RAW");
delay(1500);
}

I've updated http://www.the-meissners.org/tmp/SDTEST.zip to replace SDTEST3.RAW (which was listed as personal use only) with a public domain version of wolves howling (though note, it is a much longer piece). I also added the original .WAV files to the zipfile.

defragster
04-06-2016, 08:02 AM
As I mentioned in the prop shield thread, I think it would be useful to have an example that uses the shield to play recorded sounds. ...

That is a nice example - just tested to work again as posted - TeensyTransfer was a good way to (erase&list&write) the files on Flash (until my sources got out of sync - and RAW_HID is a pain with IDE changing in all instances and a full recompile on changing). The other way to get files on CopyFromSerial - needs python with serial support. That makes for a complex as a sample - but then again somebody using that stuff would need to do all those steps. Talkie is an easy way to hear working sound - with less utility and has a fixed set of word samples and the path to making new ones is not apparent after searching.

MichaelMeissner
04-06-2016, 11:26 AM
That is a nice example - just tested to work again as posted - TeensyTransfer was a good way to (erase&list&write) the files on Flash (until my sources got out of sync - and RAW_HID is a pain with IDE changing in all instances and a full recompile on changing). The other way to get files on CopyFromSerial - needs python with serial support. That makes for a complex as a sample - but then again somebody using that stuff would need to do all those steps. Talkie is an easy way to hear working sound - with less utility and has a fixed set of word samples and the path to making new ones is not apparent after searching.
Now that a hex file for TeensyTransfer has been made available, it is simple to go into the Teensy Loader (which continues running after the Teensy IDE stops on my Linux system), select the hex file, and hit the program button on the Teensy to download TeensyTransfer without having to compile it.

PaulStoffregen
04-06-2016, 12:16 PM
I assume SSD1306

Yes, updated.

and other Adafruit library fixes will be merged?

Which others need fixes?

on windows i have a folder ".... avr/libraries" where cpp / h 'libraries' reside in their folders... that is where I keep a folder called 'Talkie' ... will that not be overwritten?

If the "...." part is "hardware/teensy/", then yes, it *will* be overwritten. The installer overwrites stuff inside Arduino, mostly in hardware/teensy and hardware/tools.

If the "...." part is something like "Documents/", you're probably fine.

You should use File > Preferences to check the location of your "sketchbook" folder. That is the place where you should put all your own work. That folder has a libraries folder, which allows you to override anything in Arduino. The installer never touches anything in your sketchbook folder.

PaulStoffregen
04-06-2016, 12:20 PM
As I mentioned in the prop shield thread, I think it would be useful to have an example that uses the shield to play recorded sounds.

I merged Frank's MP3 example.

For raw format, I'd really like to include an example which demonstrates playing some of the sounds simultaneously with mixers. The main benefit for raw format is the low CPU overhead which gives you the ability to play several at the same time.

defragster
04-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Now that a hex file for TeensyTransfer has been made available, it is simple to go into the Teensy Loader (which continues running after the Teensy IDE stops on my Linux system), select the hex file, and hit the program button on the Teensy to download TeensyTransfer without having to compile it.

Yes, that is how I tested my hardware to work again when Frank sent me a private HEX build after days of wondering why I couldn't build it to work all of a sudden. A version would need to be included for the T_LC as well to count on that.

MichaelMeissner
04-06-2016, 06:40 PM
I merged Frank's MP3 example.

For raw format, I'd really like to include an example which demonstrates playing some of the sounds simultaneously with mixers. The main benefit for raw format is the low CPU overhead which gives you the ability to play several at the same time.

That's fine. Mp3 is much better for just demo-ing playing sounds. I wasn't sure if you were going to include his code.

Frank B
04-06-2016, 07:23 PM
That's fine. Mp3 is much better for just demo-ing playing sounds. I wasn't sure if you were going to include his code.

I could make an example which does both: mp3 AND teensytransfer. Or mp3+aac+teensytransfer...

Would that be useful ?

Did i mention that you can backup the prop shield calibration with teensytransfer ?

Isnt it possible to add a HID + Serial mode ? This would simplify some things...

PaulStoffregen
04-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Fresh install of Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28 beta #1. El Capitan. Teensy 3.1

Install was normal and I can upload as MIDI with no errors but the Teensy is not being recognized as a MIDI device by any of my software after programming. I’m testing with the MIDI Buttons example.

If I upload from another Mac running Arduino 1.6.7 and Teendsyduino 1.27 everything is fine.

Can you give me a little more info?

Imagine I have two Macs with 10.7.5 and 10.11.2, but I never do MIDI stuff on either. Which software do I run?

Imagine I'm not familiar with that specific software. What's the simplest steps I can use to see if the device is detected? What exactly do I click?

Paul
04-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Teensyduino 1.28 has been released.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

I'm closing this beta test thread.