Teensyduino 1.28 Beta #1 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a first beta test for Teensyduino 1.28.

Edit: old beta test linkes removed. Full non-beta release is here:
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Changes since Teensyduino 1.27:

• Support for Arduino 1.6.8
  • Ethernet rewrite
  • Serial1, Serial2, Serial3 setTX(pin) setRX(pin)
  • Wire setSDA(pin) & setSCL(pin) & end()
  • pinMode INPUT_PULLDOWN, OUTPUT_OPENDRAIN (thanks Xenoamor)
  • USB Mouse supports MOUSE_BACK & MOUSE_FORWARD buttons (thanks Xenoamor)
  • SPI.usingInterrupt supports IntervalTimer
  • Add libraries: MFRC522, Bounce2, RA8875
  • Update LiquidCrystal, Adafruit_GFX, Adafruit_NeoPixel, AltSoftSerial, Audio, CapacitiveSensor, DS1307RTC, Encoder, i2c_t3, ILI9341_t3, OctoWS2811, OneWire, SerialFlash, ShiftPWM, Snooze, TFT_ILI9163C, Time, TimerOne, TimerThree
  • Added CMP register defs (thanks Duff)
  • Convert all built-in library from "legacy" format
  • Fix serial monitor transmit in non-Serial modes
  • Fix small error in IntervalTimer floating point init
  • Fix momentary wrong board display in Teensy Loader during "Reboot OK"
  • Fix back button in installer when an error is detected (easier to retry)
  • Installer name changed from "teensyduino" to "TeensyduinoInstall"

error with DS1307RTC and new Teensyduino 1.28 beta #1

Hi Paul.

Fresh install of Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28 beta #1. Windows 10 64 bit.

Working with DS1307RTC and get the following compiler errors:

Code:
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307RTC\examples\SetTime\SetTime.ino:3:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307RTC/DS1307RTC.h:19:22: error: 'tmElements_t' has not been declared

static bool read(tmElements_t &tm);

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307RTC/DS1307RTC.h:20:23: error: 'tmElements_t' has not been declared

static bool write(tmElements_t &tm);

^

SetTime:10: error: 'tmElements_t' does not name a type
 tmElements_t tm;

^

SetTime: In function 'void setup()':
SetTime:20: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
     if (RTC.write(tm)) {

^

SetTime: In function 'bool getTime(const char*)':
SetTime:53: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
   tm.Hour = Hour;

^

SetTime:54: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
   tm.Minute = Min;

^

SetTime:55: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
   tm.Second = Sec;

^

SetTime: In function 'bool getDate(const char*)':
SetTime:70: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
   tm.Day = Day;

^

SetTime:71: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
   tm.Month = monthIndex + 1;

^

SetTime:72: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
   tm.Year = CalendarYrToTm(Year);

^

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire 
Using library DS1307RTC at version 1.4 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\DS1307RTC 
'tmElements_t' does not name a type

Could you please elaborate a bit on what changed in the Ethernet lib? It's not quite clear to me from your commits.

@Paul. Thanks for including the Glediator example for OctoWS2811. Should reduce the forum traffic for that issue.

Just FYI:

Here are some changes I had to make to get Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28-beta1 to work correctly with Visual Studio 2012 v11.0.61219.00 Update 5 and Visual Micro v1603.1.0:

In Arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/platform.txt:

## Create archives
## recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.ar}" rcs "{build.path}/core/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"
recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.ar}" rcs "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"

## Teensy Loader
## tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/..
tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={compiler.path}

## tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{cmd.path}/teensy_post_compile" -test "-file={build.project_name}" "-path={build.path}" "-tools={cmd.path}" "-board={build.board}" -reboot
tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}/teensy_post_compile" -test "-file={build.project_name}" "-path={build.path}" "-tools={tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}" "-board={build.board}" -reboot

For recipe.ar.pattern: I had to remove "core/". Apparently it looks for "core.a" in the main build folder, not in a sub-folder "core/".

For tools.teensyloader.cmd.path: "runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path" doesn't appear to be defined. I substituted it with "{compiler.path}". (May not be technically correct, but it works.)

For tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern: "{cmd.path}" doesn't appear to be defined. I put in the fully-qualified "{tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}".

@SoftwareSamurai

If not already done, may I suggest also sending this info to Tim at Visual Micro?
He usually tries to re-sync Teensy to the moving train of Arduino releases.

@stevech

I've copied the post over in the Visual Micro form.

Do you think the Visual Micro extension is at fault here? I thought the Teensy's platform.txt file just wasn't updated fully yet.

Hi Paul,
I tried to install Teensyduino 1.28-beta1 for Arduino 1.6.8 in W10 but the installer doesn't detect correctly my arduino version .

Teensy.PNG.

Any clure how to fix that?

Thanks

Christian

The Arduino Eclipse 3.0 plugin requires that the platform.txt is slightly edited, too. But that's not a big thing, I got used to it.

If you post the changes you had to make, perhaps Paul can incorporate them and officially support the Arduino Eclipse 3.0 plugin.

Paul, what do you think?

I'd have to see the changes to offer any opinion.

I recently made a change requested by Jantje for the Eclipse plugin. Maybe the platform.txt in 1.28-beta1 already has what you need? Or maybe it's closer than 1.27?

In the past, I put some commented lines in boards.txt to make things simpler for people using Visual Micro. Maybe this could be similar?

Please understand I do not actually use Eclipse, so I need requests like this to be very clear & specific.

I'm unable to install 1.28 beta #1 from this thread on my Windows 10 64-bit system with Arduino 1.6.8.

The installer stops with the "Unable to write changes to /lib/pde.jar" error.

I have tried several times, and with both a freshly installed version of Arduino 1.6.8 in the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino" location, and with a expanded ZIP version in my home directory.

I have also tried to run the install on a expanded ZIP version of Arduino 1.6.7 which is located in my home directory, at it too fails with the same error. The Teensyduino 1.27 installer however successfully runs on that same version 1.6.7 without any errors.

The only security software I have on my system is Windows Defender, which has been disabled.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
Lachlan.

I pulled the "arduino-1.6.8-windows.zip", extracted to my I: ( as usual ) :: Windows 10 Pro x64
Pulled "TeensyduinoInstall128b1.exe" and installed to I:\Teensy168

Teensyduino 1.28 Install ran perfectly/normally, IDE started up compiled, Ran TeensyDuino to upload.

[@Koromix] - then had TYQT Integrate to Arduino and it works fine.

re win10 :: Did you right click the exe and do properties / 'unblock'? Expect I instinctively did that. I often also right click and do 'run as admin' which I did not do this time.

When I did the 1.6.8 unzip I even forgot to close the 1.6.7 IDE that was open, no conflicts.

re win10 :: Did you right click the exe and do properties / 'unblock'? Expect I instinctively did that. I often also right click and do 'run as admin' which I did not do this time.

When I did the 1.6.8 unzip I even forgot to close the 1.6.7 IDE that was open, no conflicts.

Thanks for your suggestions.

The file is not "blocked", so that is not relevant in this case. All installation exe's automatically run as admin, so that is not relevant either.

Bummer - got'ta be something. I've not done an install to Progra~1 for 10 months or so - started that way and saw conflicts in the betas and builds coming out of 1.6.0 - uninstalled all those and have done ZIP copies exclusively. Nothing in progra~? and nothing in 'my' documents. My Java was not current - just now getting newest 8.73x32. First thing 1.6.8 did was complain my boards/AVR was OLD so I updated that. This new BOARDS scheme has introduced a common %appdata% directory across installs when ZIP copies had been mostly independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back