Audio from SPI flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutchcmu

First of all, thanks for all the work that has gone into the thread explaining wav to raw conversion and playing clips from the SPI flash. My project has been working great using the serial flash up to this point but this thread should help converting to the flash on the audio board.

My reading of this thread has led me to believe the best (and maybe only) way to currently flash the SPI flash (W25Q128FV) is from an SD card (preferably a Sandisk Ultra). Is this still true? Just checking as I do not currently have this SD card and it sounded like there were other methods under construction.

And if this is still the case, would a "non-ultra" be fine (SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card) since my intent is to not play directly from the card, but to only use for flashing?

Thanks for any input!

First of all, thanks for all the work that has gone into the thread explaining wav to raw conversion and playing clips from the SPI flash. My project has been working great using the serial flash up to this point but this thread should help converting to the flash on the audio board.

My reading of this thread has led me to believe the best (and maybe only) way to currently flash the SPI flash (W25Q128FV) is from an SD card (preferably a Sandisk Ultra). Is this still true? Just checking as I do not currently have this SD card and it sounded like there were other methods under construction.

And if this is still the case, would a "non-ultra" be fine (SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card) since my intent is to not play directly from the card, but to only use for flashing?

Thanks for any input!

Yes, it is possible to play audiofiles from the SPi Flash.
You can copy the files from an SD card to it, or you can try this utility, which transfers the files from your pc to the flash:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/33328-Prop-Shield-Beta-Test?p=99901&viewfull=1#post99901

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back