Help with Teensy Audio board and Photon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Just started working with Teensy 3.2 and the Teensy Audio board - great experience so far!
What I really need for my current project though is to control the Teensy Audio board with a Particle Photon board because I need the integrated wifi.
From the Teensy Audio board side I just need "simple" Line In input, mixing with WAV files from the SD and output to headphones.
I have not found a Photon library for the Teensy Audio board - does such a thing exist?
Any pointers would be appreciated.

I have not found a Photon library for the Teensy Audio board - does such a thing exist?

I've not heard of anyone even attempting one yet, so probably doesn't exist.

So far there have been threads about using the audio board with one of the much bigger ST chips and also with Raspberry Pi. There on this forum, so maybe you'll find them with some searching?

I recall the RPi effort stalled with many I2C driver issues. Not sure what ever happened with the ST effort... if it was successful, not much followup ever happened.

Someone also looked briefly at porting to PIC32, but my understanding is that effort only lead to a blog post about the theory (and theoretically superior performance of Microchip's newest chips), not actual working code.

If you're looking to get a project working easily, using both boards with serial or I2C communication between them is almost certainly the path of least resistance.

I've not heard of anyone even attempting one yet, so probably doesn't exist.

So far there have been threads about using the audio board with one of the much bigger ST chips and also with Raspberry Pi. There on this forum, so maybe you'll find them with some searching?

I recall the RPi effort stalled with many I2C driver issues. Not sure what ever happened with the ST effort... if it was successful, not much followup ever happened.

Someone also looked briefly at porting to PIC32, but my understanding is that effort only lead to a blog post about the theory (and theoretically superior performance of Microchip's newest chips), not actual working code.

If you're looking to get a project working easily, using both boards with serial or I2C communication between them is almost certainly the path of least resistance.

Thanks Paul - really appreciate the quick response. I'll do some searches based on your suggestions to see if I can find a reasonable starting point - I'll also look at the sgtl5000 data sheet and technical notes to see if I can find something to help build some initial functionality from scratch if necessary. If you think of any particularly useful docs to help me with this effort I would appreciate it.

BTW - love the Teensy 3.2 - only reason I am leaning toward Photon is the integrated wifi I need. Thanks again for the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back