Connecting additional device to audio board

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawLiquid

Hi, I've started looking through the library to try and figure out whether what I have in mind will work or not, but perhaps this will yield an answer faster.
I have a teensy 3.2 connected to an audio board, as well as a bc127 bluetooth module which supports various audio inputs.

I'd like to have the analog input/output on the audio board connected to a two way radio, and digitally transfer the audio over i2s to/from the bluetooth module.
I believe I know how to wire this up, but will that function properly? and will the teensy still be able to receive the peak level and rms info?
It seems that as long as those functions are being handled by the audio board itself, then using i2c to read the levels, and sending commands to the bluetooth module over uart based on those levels, should work just fine...
The bc127 can generate the necessary clock signals for the i2s connection, so I'd like to not convert things back and forth if I don't need to.

Thanks, and i guess back to combing through the source for clues on whether the teensy is actually doing any of the processing or not.

RawLiquid

Well, I guess I just figured out that I don't need to remove the i2s connections to teensy, I just have to make sure the bluetooth board is set up as a slave and it should work out just fine. I guess it's time to put together a quick test to make sure i have things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back