Echo and tone change via rate change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Howell

A simple question (perhaps).

Is it possible to capture a (short) sound via the mic input, and then resample to effect a tone change? That is, if the recorded sound is, say, 1KHz, can it be immediately reflected into an output channel but resampled such that it is now, say, 100Hz (10:1 ratio in that example e.g.). It would also work just as fine if the bit rate were not resampled, but rather just played back at a slower bit rate. Fidelity is not a primary concern here.

I guess I am asking if an incoming analog stream can be digitized, and then returned to an output at a slower bit rate in real time.

I hope that is clear...

Thanks!

-Paul

I guess I am asking if an incoming analog stream can be digitized, and then returned to an output at a slower bit rate in real time.

Yes, you can do this, but obviously only for a limited amount of time. As you capture the faster incoming data, you'll consume more memory because you're not sending it as fast as you're capturing.

Yes, you can do this, but obviously only for a limited amount of time. As you capture the faster incoming data, you'll consume more memory because you're not sending it as fast as you're capturing.

Right. Any given pulse of audio that will be 'reflected' back will be rather short in duration. No more than a single pulse will reside in memory at any one time as well. Thanks for the info, just wanted to be sure this was possible before I buying a teensy and an audio board!

Cheers -

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back