How to request new USB configs?

jbliesener

Is there any suggested procedure for requesting another USB configuration to be added to boards.txt?

From what I see in this thread, it requires some synced changes to usb_desc.h and to boards.txt. I'm perfectly able to patch usb_desc.h and submit it as a pull request on GitHub, but I didn't find the Teensyduino boards.txt in any of the public repositories.

A FLIGHTSIM_RAWHID (FlightSim+Raw Hid+Emulated Serial) configuration would help a lot for one of my projects (I would need a reliable additional data channel to the Teensy that is detectable through USB scanning). That would separate the text&debug channel (serial) from the packet-oriented data channel (rawhid).

We're in a feature freeze right now, for version 1.29.

Someday in the distant future, we'll probably have a GUI to configure (almost) any combination.

In the less distant future, I'm hoping we can have a section on the (upcoming) wiki for custom USB config. If there's a high demand for any particular combination, I might add to boards.txt and usb_desc.h in Teensyduino 1.30 or later.

I want to avoid excessive sprawl for the Arduino menu, so only combinations needed by a very substantial number of users will be considered before a config GUI is made. Pretty much anything can be posted to the (upcoming) wiki. Feel free to post anything here too, and a link on the suggestions for the wiki thread.

Back