how can we play raw audio file in PC .

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smithbrenda089

Dear pjrc team ,

first , thanks you for your effort in teensy module and it shiled as it save time for development and how easy it is .

I have audio shield for teensy 3.1 , it work fine and great .. but now if I wanna to play RAW file in the pc ? what possible way to do it , I am not interest to play it from module it self .

thanks in advance

Regards

Yup, use either Audacity or sox to convert to WAV. Audacity is best if you prefer graphical software with dialogue boxes. Sox is best if you prefer command line programs, especially for running from scripting languages.

Because it's only raw data, these programs need you to supply lots of info which they would normally get automatically from the metadata within your audio file. The raw format is 16 bits, signed, little endian, mono, 44100 Hz.

A related question: Is there any way of recording sound on the Teensy and saving it directly as a WAV file that can be played by standard audio software, without any need for conversion? I'm saving with the .WAV extension at the moment, but the files still need to be converted.

You'd need to add code to stop recording, and then write the (minimum) 44 byte WAV header after you know how much data was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back