Weird GPS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyod

I am having problems with code based on TinyGPS in that the position is fine, but the date, course and speed "hangs". Ie. these three values get read the first time and then are always the same (I'm sending them via GSM to an SQL server). The data values are saved as floats and chars and constructed into a message string before being passed on.
The really weird thing is that I know the code is fine, tried and tested over and over again and the problem is only happening on one Teensy 3.1. I have two T3.1's, both loaded from the same computer with the exact same code. One Teensy causes the hang, the other works just fine, thus ruling out a software problem.

The only difference is that the "bad" one was connected to a car's 12V via a divider (2.6K and 1K res = 5V on the pin at 18V, so ~3.3V@13V) to pin 23 for ignition sensing, spliced into the radio leads.
Is it possible that a voltage spike could cause the Teensy to behave this way?
The Teensy is not overheating like the one I once accidentally fed 10V into. There are no other ill effects, basic programs like blink and analog read on pin 23 run fine, the value varying between 60-120.
I'm pulling my hair out over this behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back