Newbee excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabe

Ok. Did not see a section for newbe introduction, so I'm guessing even newbe's are family.. ;)

Just received the audio Tutorial kit yesterday. Perfect for my day off today. Once I got though it I was all excited about the PEAK function! Yeah, I know so simple, who cares !!

But it was what I needed to complement my first project wich was Midi controlled WS2801's... YES now I will have an option for live audio input !!!

Here's a short Vid on my first project ....

Well done! And welcome to the forum. When you change the colors and the first three LEDs go out, is that a bug or a feature?

Nice work, I'm also a teensy 3.2 newbee, I've written some code for a dual midifighter clone on a mega2560, I'm sure most of it would be compatible with or adaptable to the teensy with neopixel led support, also support for saving led colours in eeprom. https://github.com/Reggi3/megafighter Works great in traktor.

Well done! And welcome to the forum. When you change the colors and the first three LEDs go out, is that a bug or a feature?

It's actually caused by Traktor sending midi signals only when there is a change in status. When I change the color scheme I turn the LEDs off to set them. Then the system needs to wait for a change in status from Traktor to reassign theme the new value.

Turning them all On instead of off at the scheme change routine would probably look better. But it still would not be accurate.

Nice work, I'm also a teensy 3.2 newbee, I've written some code for a dual midifighter clone on a mega2560, I'm sure most of it would be compatible with or adaptable to the teensy with neopixel led support, also support for saving led colours in eeprom. https://github.com/Reggi3/megafighter Works great in traktor.

Nice to know. But it is hard to imagine what the whole thing does without video. I don't have a Mega so can't do the project.. :(

It's like one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t4hTZ0ho8 but with twice the amount of buttons, some faders and you can change the colour of the LEDs individually. The beauty of it being arduino code is that it doesn't really matter that it's for an arduino mega2560, it's easily adaptable to any dev board that is arduino compatible, it's simple to scale it up or down to suit your needs.

@Reggie Cool... I did a VERY simple version of that. Only two leds. I programmed it to control the cue points on Traktor... Those buttons are much more responsive then those on my S8

Here, have a laugh at my enclosure.....

IMG_0014.JPG

Funny story about the one I built originally, I figured out how to fool the midifighter firmware updater to work with a teensy, then discovered that the midifighter firmware is open source a couple of days later :D Once I'd figured out that I didn't need most of the extra hardware in a midifighter to build a midifighter, I adapted someone elses code and turned it into the megafighter, Here's a version with just 1 set of buttons using an arduino leonardo board but you can see the LEDs in this one.
fighter.jpg

In the end though, I don't use them for anything, I have a couple of dj controllers, a couple of midi keyboards, all with buttons/pots on them, so I have enough random control, I'm glad I built them though, it'll put me in good stead for synth projects, they're always going to need control of some description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back