Can SGTL5000's param equalizer deal with a different set of params for Left & Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjrcbear

Can SGTL5000's param equalizer deal with a different set of params for Left & Right?

Hi,

In my project I'd like to equalize left & right channels differently. Can the chip do it?

Thank you!

-- Greg

The SGTL5000 datasheet only shows registers for five 20 bit coefficients for each of the 7 different bands- no separate values for L and R channels. So, I would say no, this isn't possible using the SGTL5000 internal DSP.
You might be able to do something like this using the Audio designers filter elements, but 7 bands X 2 channels would be a lot of processor load on the Teensy.

The SGTL5000 datasheet only shows registers for five 20 bit coefficients for each of the 7 different bands- no separate values for L and R channels. So, I would say no, this isn't possible using the SGTL5000 internal DSP.
You might be able to do something like this using the Audio designers filter elements, but 7 bands X 2 channels would be a lot of processor load on the Teensy.

Thanks for the response. I'm chaining Biquad objects in the design tool to accomplish this, along with a couple of mixers and so far it seems to work with AudioProcessorUsageMax() returning about 23% of CPU used. Seems I still have some headroom.

Thanks for the info- good to know how far you can push the amount of filter elements without using too much processor power.
I've only been using the teensy audio library for a week or so now, but did read the SGTL5000 datasheet pretty thoroughly.
I did get 56 sine Oscillators, many mixers 9 envelope generators, midi processing all running with about 80% processor power, in a project, so I guess I'm not surprised that Teensy can do all of those filters without breaking a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back