Arduino.cc IDE Serial Plotter update

Status
Not open for further replies.

duff

I decided to update the Serial Plotter and wanted to see what people here think? The major change is adding an x-axis and some grid lines. Basically I want to get some feedback on the look before I send Arduino.cc a pull request for this. I'm not going to add a bunch of features for this request, what I really want is to see if people here like the GUI look.

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 12.09.19 AM.png

One of these days I will update past 1.6.5R5 and get to play with the serial plotter :) I do like the basic but functional look of this screenshot though.

That looks nice - can you show a before picture for those of use that haven't used it and don't know what that looks like ?

That looks nice - can you show a before picture for those of use that haven't used it and don't know what that looks like ?
Oh good idea, I will in a little bit.

While this update seems like a small addition it really took me quite awhile to code it up. Java is not my strong suit so I'm sure the dev's at Arduino will have plenty to say about it but the grid lines and all scales correctly and x-axis ticks marks are spaced correctly from the tests I did so far. I did have a bunch of ideas for additional functionality but I didn't want that to bog down this basic upgrade.

Here the Serial Plotters side by side. So you will see I added more Y-Axis ticks, x-axis is labeled and baud rate is moved to other-side to conform to how the Serial Monitor looks.
Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 5.05.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 5.06.52 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back