Questions about teensy 3.6 from a kickstarter backer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyh

Hi,

I just received my teensys (teensies?) and I have a few questions which I am hoping someone could answer. It's an impressively intricate design, and I'm a big fan of the onboard SD card socket. I know the design isn't open source, so I understand if this information can't be shared. I'm particularly interested in the 3.6 pcb. My questions are:

- what is the track width/spacing on the board?
- I think I read in a kickstarter update that it was 6 layers; is that correct? I can't seem to find that email any more.
- did you have to use blind or buried vias on the BGA escape routing? (Or anywhere else)
- did you need to use laser drilled vias?

Just very curious because I've never done a complex BGA design before (only a tiny one which fit completely on a single layer) :)

- what is the track width/spacing on the board?

5 mil.

But outside the BGA area, most of the traces are 7 or 8 mil wide. 5 mil spacing is still used.

- I think I read in a kickstarter update that it was 6 layers; is that correct? I can't seem to find that email any more.

Yes, 6 layers.

- did you have to use blind or buried vias on the BGA escape routing? (Or anywhere else)

No blind or buried vias. If the look at the bottom side, you can see every via.

- did you need to use laser drilled vias?

No, they're ordinary drilled holes. The vias in the BGA area have 10 mil drill, 19.2 mil via diameter. Most vias on the rest of the board are larger, as you can also see by looking closely at the bottom side.

Awesome, thanks!

Btw I have just discovered my favourite feature of the new teensy: the micro USB connector now has through hole pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back