getting started wiz820io

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilkers

Hi,

I'm just getting started with this new ethernet adapter and rev2 SD adapter board (the one with the reset chip). I have a working ethernet project from ethernet R3 that I plan to migrate to wiz820io using teensy 3.2.

Is there anything special I need to add to the project to get it running besides rebuild? I understand that some ethernet chips are detected but not sure on the 5200.

thanks in advance,
tim

Attachments

• teensy_webserver_RevD_2016_10_20.ino
    15.6 KB · Views: 66
It should "just work" if using that adaptor and a recent version of Teensyduino.

The main thing is to pay attention to any messages about duplicate libraries. Teensyduino provides a copy of Ethernet which automatically detects W5100 & W5200 chips. Arduino should automatically use Teensyduino's Ethernet library when you have any Teensy board selected. However, if you've installed a custom Ethernet lib in your Documents/Arduino/libraries folder, it can override the one from Teensyduino. That's by far the most common problem when trying to use the WIZ820io.

ok, after fiddling with the new board HID thing for a while, got my sketch to load.

unfortunately, serial monitor shows IP address as 0.0.0.0 instead of intended fixed IP address of 192.168.1.17. so it would seem that the migration to w5200 didn't "just work" as it should.

How can i get the correct IP address to load to the ethernet adapter?

Attachments

• teensy_webserver_RevD1_2016_10_22_adapter_port.ino
    15.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back