Problem with Teensy3 beta9 IDE compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teensy 2 works flawlessly for me. But I've got a problem with the beta9 for Teensy 3 on my 64bit Ubuntu box When I compile I always get:

Cannot run program "/home/ralph/arduino-1.0.2/hardware/tools/arm-none-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": error=2, no such file or directory.

The strange thing is, this file does indeed exist at the location above. It seems to be 32 bit, though:

root@sputnik:~/arduino-1.0.2/hardware/tools/arm-none-eabi/bin# file arm-none-eabi-g++
arm-none-eabi-g++: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, stripped
which might be a problem on my 64bit system:

uname -a
Linux sputnik 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? i just have to untar the beta IDE, there is no installation?

TIA
Ralph

Thanks, Nantonos! I should have written that I am using the download supposedly for 64bit:

md5sum arduino-1.0.2-teensy3-beta9-linux64.tar.gz
644c724a49d6f7bd06386feca68631f9 arduino-1.0.2-teensy3-beta9-linux64.tar.gz

You are using an Ubunto system, which by default do not install 32-bit libraries, and while you installed the 64-bit version of Tweensy, the compiler shipped is built as a 32-bit object. You would need to install at least a subset of the 32-bit libraries to run that compiler. It would be nice if Ubunto changed the defaults so that they would install both libraries on a 64-bit system, as I've been answering this question on various forums for at least 5 years now. As I understand it, Paul didn't build the compiler toolchain himself, but copied it from another project.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back