LedControl Library for Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chergam

Does anyone know if the LedControl library is functional on Teensy 3.2? Wayoda's faq says he has tested it on the 3.1 but idk if that translates to 3.2 compatibility.

Didn't test it but should just work

The differences 3.1->3.2 are a increases in general resources, not a new core so in general things just work and in this case it's a library that bit bangs SPI so as long as timing and digital write work you are good to go.

Do note need for level conversion for any Teensy 3.x

Yes, it works. While you should use level conversion (fast unidirectional buffers, not the slow bidirectional types), when I tested it worked fine with a genuine Maxim chip using the 3.3V signals. I used only a single chip, so if you have lots of them or if you use long wires, perhaps buffers will be needed.

Be aware the market is filled with counterfeits of these Maxim chips. They usually work, but many of them take time to "boot up". People have reported issued with them, which went away by just added a delay at the beginning of setup().

Yes, it works. While you should use level conversion (fast unidirectional buffers, not the slow bidirectional types), when I tested it worked fine with a genuine Maxim chip using the 3.3V signals. I used only a single chip, so if you have lots of them or if you use long wires, perhaps buffers will be needed.

Be aware the market is filled with counterfeits of these Maxim chips. They usually work, but many of them take time to "boot up". People have reported issued with them, which went away by just added a delay at the beginning of setup().

Can you clarify what exactly the logic level shifters are for? I know they boost the voltage from 3.3 to 5V but is it necessary for all the pins or just the power and iset pins?

Edit: Never mind, on further experimentation I got it working with the pins on the teensy for the control logic and a separate 5V power source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back