what happened to pcbs.io ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank B

What happened to pcbs.io ?

I know, the site was sold, but ??

ALL shared boards are gone ?? Without any notice ?
WTF ??

Then, i can not not find any address, company name or even mail - it is not possible to contact them ?
This is definitely not helpful in building trust...

Code:
Domain : pcbs.io
Expiry : 2017-05-20

NS 1   : dns1.registrar-servers.com
NS 2   : dns2.registrar-servers.com

Owner Name    : WhoisGuard Protected
Owner OrgName : WhoisGuard, Inc.
Owner Addr    : P.O. Box 0823-03411
Owner Addr    : [COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]Panama[/B][/U][/COLOR]
Owner Addr    : Panama
Owner Addr    : PA

Last edited:
The only thing I know was on Oct28, I emailed Eric as I had not heard anything on a board that was ordered 15 days earlier. His response was:

These are shipping out tonight.

PCBs.io has been sold but hasn't been taken over by the new owners yet - shipments will presumably start coming from FL in a few weeks.

Thanks!
Erik
The boards did ship (email Saturday early morning), received at post office Tue and I received on Friday...

I don't know the laws here, but I won't be ordering anything them again until/if they put up additional information. Last couple of orders I went back to OSHPark.

Yikes - not a good start. I was a fly on the wall to the sale bidding - but have not seen any added feedback other than a final bid was made and sale seems to be happening.

Erik was very willing to help me - but wanted to get his name off the business when a new owner was found.

A friend of mine has been doing various buys through China for years said he's going to save $100,000 in direct order PCB's - he said it is easy - he gets calls to his desk from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back