Question about Teensy 4-channel setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzBrewer

Greetings, all! This is my first post: I'm fairly new to all this so please bear with me. I've tried searching for some clarification, but have so far come up empty-handed. On the Sparkfun tutorial that's commonly referenced for setting up a Teensy with two audio boards, it states that a few traces need to be cut:
The pairs of pads near pins 13 and 22 need to be cut apart. The trace between the center and left pads of the I2C address selector also need to be cut.
but then you apparently have to reconnect the center and left I2C pads with a solder blob. Also, the pictures shows an arrow pointing to the trace between the center and right I2C pads instead of the center-left:
jumper-callout.png

So my questions are:
1) Do I cut the trace between left and center as posted, or right and center as pictured?
2) If the left-center trace is cut, what's the point in reconnecting the pads with solder?

My final goal for this project is to incorporate a 4-channel Teensy device into a RPi-based carputer so that I can have all the capabilities that were part of the stock stereo (balance, fade, EQ, etc.) I'm sure it'll be a long road if I'm already hung up on step 1, but I'm learning more each day.

Thanks!

As shown in that photo, you cut apart the center and right side pad (where the arrow is pointing). Then use solder to join the center and left side pad.

urbanspaceman, I haven't done any cutting or soldering yet, and I've only just begun piecing together my carputer, so I really don't have anything to photograph. Let me know what you want pics of and I'll post them when I get there.

No, I haven't. My plan has always been to use this as a 4-channel device, so it never occurred to me to try 2-channel first. Also, I'm still waiting on some necessary parts to show up (slow boat from China) before I can hook everything up. When they show up I'll give 2-channel a go before making the various mods for 4-channel. I posted my initial question so I could prep the boards while I wait, but I can put off the prep for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back