ARM compilers and what you had to do for TeensyStudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackt1ger

So, I'm trying to get up to speed on ARM cores from an embedded world. I have both a Teensy 3.2 and 3.6 and can compile stuff just great from Arduino's IDE, etc. Now I'm trying to figure out how to set up a development environment for some STM32 boards.

Needless to say, very little help in "Free" and "Unlimited" IDE's exist for STM32 (unless you want to go full blown on Eclipse).

So, I'm trying to figure out what you had to add in TeensyStudio in terms of headers/tools/etc. I'm aware you use your own bootloader, and you had to do a bunch of code for "Wiring" framework. Also, I notice you used the ARM 5.0 compilers. So, aside from the bootloader, I should be able to reuse the bulk of this, right? I'll need STM32's HAL and register maps of course, but ARM is ARM, right? All that CMSIS stuff is supposed to make stuff portable. Maybe I'm just totally mistaken..... :)

I haven't yet tried the http://www.stm32duino.com/ yet. Just looking for overall pointers, if anybody has a minute or two to tell me where my troubles will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back