Teensy 2.0 Not found in Teensy Loader or Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

wollow

Hi all, I'm very new to all this and I'm a bit lost.

When I connect my teensy 2.0 to the PC via usb I can hear the windows connected notification, and the teensy has a blinking LED light. However that's as far as I can get with it. Pressing the button on the teensy causes the windows disconnect sound, and device manager updates, but it still isn't found by the loader software.

I have followed the troubleshooting here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/troubleshoot.html and the LED blinks, the push button stops the blink, but teensy loader still wont see the teensy. I have tried with different USB cables (one known to be working) and also tried on my Macbook, the problem persists either way.

I have tried with a second one too, bought at the same time, which is doing the exact same thing.

I have had a look in device manager, and nothing has "teensy" in it or is obviously the wrong device.

Can anyone suggest the next troubleshooting steps to take?

Where did you buy it? We've been seeing a surge in counterfeits lately. I'm guessing you probably got one of those?

All genuine Teensy made in the last 3 years have gold plated pads and an orange LED. While counterfeiters could do the same, usually they don't. If you just bought it and the pads are silver or the LED isn't orange, return it and get your money back!

Oh damn, I'm guessing I have counterfit... that sucks.

Mine has silver pads and red blinking LED.

Highly doubt I'll be able to get my money back on at least one, I've already soldered it (before checking stupidly) and its been a few weeks.

Thanks for letting me know though, can you recommend a place to buy a teensy 2.0 from in Australia that will give me a legitimate version?

It's worth a try. Especially if you used Paypal or a credit card, you can start a dispute based on the info you were sold a counterfeit. Usually the amount of time you've had the product is the main factor. Odds are good you'll get your money back, if the charge is recent. Most of the companies selling counterfeits know they are cheating people and will quickly refund rather than let it escalate.

This is the list of official distributors. Safe to buy from any of these.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23601-Official-Distributors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back