Problems with Teensy Loader failing on Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfratus2001

I have found after many sessions of frustrating trial and error that there is a process that works every time.

My problem was that programs, even a program I wrote previously and loaded properly, would not load later. The progress indicator would stop at the same place for every Teensy board I hooked up. The verbose log said it had a programming error. I thought the Teensy had gone bad, and I had 5 or 6 Teensy's that I could not program. I suspected, finally, that it was the actual program that I wrote, but it was much simpler:

When you first hook up the Teensy, the USB may not recognize the Teensy fully, and just give it a serial port called /dev/ttyS0.
What the Loader really needs is the full port, /dev/ttyACM0 (Teensy).

To get that, just Open the Blink program, or something else that always programs properly. You might need to press the Program button on the Teensy.
If things got really bad you may have to hold the Program button down while you plug in the USB cable.

Once the simple program loads properly, you can change the port to the full port, and your other programs should load just fine.

I don't think this is specific for Linux or the Teensy 3.2 because it also failed in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back