Sub-Millisecond Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

apt2b

Hello again. Was wondering if there was a way to use the delay effect from the audio library to implement a submillisecond delay. The delay function accepts number for milliseconds but I'm looking for really brief delays in playback.

I know the arduino IDE has support for microsecond delays between lines of code, hoping the audio library can handle microseconds somehow as well.

Thanks.

Hello again. Was wondering if there was a way to use the delay effect from the audio library to implement a submillisecond delay. The delay function accepts number for milliseconds but I'm looking for really brief delays in playback.

I know the arduino IDE has support for microsecond delays between lines of code, hoping the audio library can handle microseconds somehow as well.

Thanks.

And why ??

The audio library delay is a float input, so you're not limited to integer milliseconds. You can simply use a number less than 1.0.

The actual delay is always rounded to the nearest sample. Someday I'm going to add a more advanced delay object that implement fractional sample delay (using interpolation) and even signal modulated delay. But for now, delays are always rounded to the nearest 1/44100th of a second. (actually 1/44117.647th, since the sample rate is really 48e6/1088)

...Someday I'm going to add a more advanced delay object that implement fractional sample delay (using interpolation) and even signal modulated delay.
Don't you have a Karpuls-Strong example somewhere??? How did you get passible intonation without a fractional delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back