ILI9341_t3DMA not working this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefhermit

Used this Library a few months ago with the Adafruit 2.8" TFT LCD with Cap Touch Breakout with no issues (Teensy 3.6). Today, same sketches and Library examples will not show any graphics on the screen but the serial output to monitor is displaying Benchmark Test! Compiling and uploading Adafruit Library with same SPI pin defs . . . graphics work fine (painfully slow)!

Also want to mention the ILI9341_t3 behaves like the ILI9341_t3DMA.

Any help/Advice would be appreciated . . . . Thanks, Ken

PS - upgraded to TeensyDuino 1.36 . . . important?

Last edited:
Update:

After a little trial and error I have discovered the following using Teensy 3.6:

As above, using the ILI9341_t3 OR ILI9341_t3DMA library examples with the above display, they only work at 24 MHZ CPU Speed and at no other Speed.

Using the Adafruit ILI9341 Library example, Works Fine at 180 MHZ.

I think you should look into this Paul!

No, they work with every speed.
Do you use a breadboard and/or long wires ? Keep the connections as short as possible.

Last edited:
In case you missed my comment above, simply Switching to the Adafruit ILI9341 library, and all things being equal (breadboard, wire lengths, pin assignments, etc) the 3.6 works fine at 180 MHZ.

Try it!

BTW using Arduino 1.8.2 and Teensey Loader 1.36

Last edited:
This setup worked fine for me also last Dec. The only difference is I was using 1.8.1 and Teensy loader 1.35.

If your not willing to investigate further then I cannot expect any help from you!

Check the wires. That's my help :) All Teensy ILI9341-libs work with all speeds. Really. There are thousands of users, not just you.

p.s. If i don't want to help, i don't answer. Simple.
I'm trying to help every time. Sometimes it might sound like i'm not helping - English is not my native language - (sry!!)

Last edited:
I changed the "#define SPI_DEFAULT_FREQ to 30000000" in the Adafruit cpp file.
Run the example again and works fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back