Audio Mixer: Input Channel(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dika

Hi,
I like to build up an audio mixer with using one Teensy and 2 Teensy Audio Shields in a paket: I want to use them as an intercom between two Headsets w/ microphone.

My Question: Is it possible to use 'Line In Right', 'Line In Left' and 'MIC In' simultaneously to mix all three inputs via the Teensy and stream the sum signal to the Audio OUT Jack?

My Question: Is it possible to use 'Line In Right', 'Line In Left' and 'MIC In' simultaneously to mix all three inputs

No, sorry, that can't work. The ADC within the SGTL5000 chip has only 2 channels.

The signal routing within the chip is also either both line in or the mic, mutually exclusive. There isn't any option to use one of the line in and the mic at the same time, even though the ADC is stereo.

However, you can use two audio shields with the quad channel input object. Then you could configure one SGTL5000 for its line in and the other SGTL5000 for its mic input.

No, sorry, that can't work. The ADC within the SGTL5000 chip has only 2 channels.

The signal routing within the chip is also either both line in or the mic, mutually exclusive. There isn't any option to use one of the line in and the mic at the same time, even though the ADC is stereo.

However, you can use two audio shields with the quad channel input object. Then you could configure one SGTL5000 for its line in and the other SGTL5000 for its mic input.

Paul, many thanks to these clear and usefull information, warm regards Dirk

Paul, this leads me to another additional question: So if I will use (only) the Line In, is ist possible to gain Line In Left separately from Line In Right?

Background: I have not only two headsets w/microphone but also an mono Line signal from my PC.
So my idea is: I spend each Audio Board an own Teensy. Then I use on System #1 Line In Right for Mono Line Signal from PC and Line In LEFT for mono Signal from microphone from System #2 and vice versa. Again, many thanks for your patience, warm regards, Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back