Xplane move aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

my teensy is setup and writing a new position to X-Plane, however clear I'm not understanding the correct use.

sim/flightmodel/position/local_x - assume lat?

sim/flightmodel/position/local_y - assume lon?

sim/flightmodel/position/local_z - assume elevation?

I write a decimal lat and Lon, and 5000 to elevation. It doesn't position me where I want but somewhere quite random.

Id appreciate any pointers to the right direction

many thanks

I'm interfacing with a Teensy ++2.0 board.

If I write to

Code:
FlightSimFloat alt;
alt = XPlaneRef("sim/flightmodel/position/local_y");
alt = 5000 /3.28084;

The aircraft will climb 5,000ft. Quite easy.

What i'd like to do is push a button and the aircraft move to say Heathrow, push another button and move to Paris as an example.

I'm not sure how to use XPLMWorldToLocal within my teensy to achieve the example.

Any ideas guys?

This is really a question for the Xplane forum.

Teensy can read or write any Xplane dataref and it can set commands. But which datarefs & commands are available and how they work, what numbers you'd write to them to achieve your goals, is really something for Xplane experts to answer.

Thanks Paul, appreciate your input. Have posted there as well to see if anyone anywhere can direct me, quite enjoying working with this but need some steps to get going :)

This is really a question for the Xplane forum.

Teensy can read or write any Xplane dataref and it can set commands. But which datarefs & commands are available and how they work, what numbers you'd write to them to achieve your goals, is really something for Xplane experts to answer.

Paul is there any direct access to

XPLMWorldToLocal and XPLMLocalToWorld

Within the Teensy plugin you created?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back