Powering Teensy/Huzzah with breadboard power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhallst

I was attempting to power a Teensy 3.2/Huzzah Feather combo from a breadboard power supply and now I'm worried that I've fried something. I was initially using the teensy to power the huzzah and a 10K pot and everything worked fine. Then I tried to connect the setup to a 3.2 volt breadboard power supply so I could untether from USB. I connected the 3.3V and GND pins on the Teensy and the 3V and GND pins on the Huzzah to the rail. Triple checked to make sure polarity was right. Turned on the power supply and nothing happened. Tried going back to the Teensy-powered setup and now that doesn't work either. So I unhooked everything and tried running sketches on both the Teensy and Huzzah individually and they worked fine. Can anyone suggest what might be up?

Hopefully someone will be able to give a better answer. Might help to see pictures.

Also not sure what you mean by nothing happened. Sometimes this is due to power issues. But sometimes also due to code.
That is if your program has in it something like: while (!Serial) ;
The code will simply hang when you are not connected up to USB.

It sounds like both boards are still working from the last part of your sketch.

I know you can power the Teensy through the 3.3v pin, although one needs to be careful that it truly is 3.3v. Also how much current can your breadboard power supply deliver?

I could not tell from the Adafruit documentation if you should be able to run by connecting directly up to it's 3.0v connector. It mainly stated that it is an output pin out of their VR... But by schematic it looks like it should be able to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back