Experimenting with USB-MIDI on Teensy 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nantonos

USB MIDI is working fine with my Teensy 2, so (noticing that it is currently disabled with the Teensy 3.0 beta 7) I thought I would have a go at enabling it, to see what breaks and what needs to be changed.

I made the following changes. In hardware/teensy/boards.txt, these three lines were commented out and I uncommented them:
Code:
teensy3.menu.usb.midi.name=MIDI
teensy3.menu.usb.midi.build.define0=-DUSB_MIDI
teensy3.menu.usb.midi.fake_serial=teensy_gateway

In hardware/teensy/cores/usb_midi/usb_private.h I wasn't sure what to add by way of a processor define, so instead, for testing, I brutally commented out the following check :eek: :
Code:
// #if defined(__AVR_ATmega32U4__) || defined(__AVR_AT90USB646__) || defined(__AVR_AT90USB1286__)
and
Code:
// #endif

I had sort of expected that to be it; the actual code loked pretty same, with abundant use of explicitly sized types. On starting up the IDE, MIDI is there in the menu. However, on verifying a sketch which works on Teensy 2, I get

Code:
MIDI_multicontroller_USB_T3.ino: In function 'void loop()':
MIDI_multicontroller_USB_T3:34: error: 'usbMIDI' was not declared in this scope

so presumably I need to do something else to enable it. I would appreciate guidance on what that might be.

It would also be interesting to hear of any known problems with the USB MIDI on Teensy 3.0. I assume it is disabled because of known problems, though it could of course be disabled just due to not having been well tested (in which case my experiments might help).

USB MIDI is working fine with my Teensy 2, so (noticing that it is currently disabled with the Teensy 3.0 beta 7)

Paul has not yet ported USB midi to teensy 3. The teensy 3 USB system is rather different than teensy 2 and so there is some work to be done.

I have it working from the command line (see previous posts for link to code) but not in the Arduino IDE, which I dont use.

My guess is that it's pretty near the top of Paul's list after he gets serial emulation (really hid raw) working.

-c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back