Stupid question in relation to voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

centizen

Hello there everyone, long time listener, first time caller.

I've got a quick question which I'm sure everyone will be able to answer real quick, but I'm having a hard time getting a firm answer from the various sources of data about the T3.0

What I'm trying to figure out is the boards logic voltage. On earlier teensies, all of the logic was 5 volt unless you soldered on a level converter to make it 3.3 volt. However, for some reason, my friend has it in his head that the T3.0 uses 3.3 volt logic; and I can neither confirm nor deny this with the material I have found. The reason I need to know this is because I want to interface my Raspberry Pi with my Teensy 3 and I need to know if I need to use a level converter to keep from frying the device.

I don't have a multimeter, otherwise I'd have answered my own question by now lol.

Thanks in advanced, guys.

It is 3.3 volts. If you look in the first table on http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html, it says the teensy 2.0 has 25 pins at 5 volts, 2.0++ has 46 pins at 5 volts, and the 3.0 has 34 pins at 3.3 volts.

In terms of multimeter, I just got a simple 2 wire multimeter that is more convenient to use on a breadboard than my big one, and I measured 5 volts off of the teensy 3.0, and I knew it was 3.3 volts. That's when I realized I was looking at VIN and not the normal voltage output pin. Whoops. :cool:

Last edited:
It is 3.3 volts. If you look in the first table on http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html, it says the teensy 2.0 has 25 pins at 5 volts, 2.0++ has 46 pins at 5 volts, and the 3.0 has 34 pins at 3.3 volts.

In terms of multimeter, I just got a simple 2 wire multimeter that is more convenient to use on a breadboard than my big one, and I measured 5 volts off of the teensy 3.0, and I knew it was 3.3 volts. That's when I realized I was looking at VIN and not the normal voltage output pin. Whoops. :cool:

Sweet thanks for the quick reply. I'll let my buddy know he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back