[posted] Beats by Teensy

Robin

Administrator
Forum user Pensive is working on a Beats by Teensy MPC project.
It's featured on the blog today.

Pensive describes it as a bastard child of an MPC and the DJ Tech Tools MIDI Fighter. While he describes it as a work in progress, it is functional with more features being planned. The video gives a pretty good overview of it's current functionality.

wow. impressive.what software did he write this in? and what did he mean by audio board?

The audio board is:

He mentions attaching flash memory to the audio board to hold samples. There are two different chips listed on the audio board page:

In terms of software, the basis of much of the software is presumably the audio library. If you haven't done so, you probably should watch the tutorial on the audio library:

Last edited:
hydreon rain gauge coding issue

Hi paul,
im currently connect my teensy board(2++) to my rain gauge (hydreon) and there's no output(serial monitor) for my arduino 1.8.5 whenever the hydreon (tipping bucket mode) activated.
im unsure whether this is correct cause im following this website (http://cactus.io/hookups/weather/rain/hydreon/hookup-arduino-to-hydreon-rg-11-rain-sensor) and i need help in term of the pin/coding whether it's correct ornt.
my pin is connect to f7 on the teensy board 2++

this is my coding

#define BOARD "Teensy++ 2.0"

#define RG11_Pin 45
#define Bucket_Size 0.01

volatile unsigned long tipCount; // bucket tip counter used in interrupt routine
volatile unsigned long ContactTime; // Timer to manage any contact bounce in interrupt routine

long lastCount;
float totalRainfall;
float AverageperTime;

void setup() {

lastCount = 0;
tipCount = 0;
totalRainfall = 0;
AverageperTime = 0;

Serial.begin(1200);
Serial.println("Hydreon RG-11 Rain Sensor");
Serial.print("Bucket Size: "); Serial.print(Bucket_Size); Serial.println(" mm");

pinMode(RG11_Pin, INPUT); // set the digital input pin to input for the RG-11 Sensor
// attach interrupt handler to input pin.
// we trigger the interrupt on the voltage falling from 5V to GND

sei(); //Enables interrupts
}

void loop() {
// we only display the tip count when it has been incremented by the sensor
cli(); //Disable interrupts

if(tipCount != lastCount) {
lastCount = tipCount;
totalRainfall = tipCount * Bucket_Size;
AverageperTime = totalRainfall / tipCount; //This is the code i wrote
Serial.print("Tip Count: ");
Serial.print(tipCount);
Serial.print("\tTotal Rainfall: ");
Serial.println(totalRainfall);Serial.println("mm/hr");Serial.println(AverageperTime); //Test it out see whether can work

}

sei(); //Enables interrupts
}

// Interrrupt handler routine that is triggered when the rg-11 detects rain
void rgisr () {

if ((millis() - ContactTime) > 15 ) { // debounce of sensor signal
tipCount++;
ContactTime = millis();
}
}
// end of rg-11 rain detection interrupt handler

Thank you!

@ ivan - create a new thread with your question rather than polluting this one,

It will be easier to read if you use the code tags make the code more readable

Code:
like this - by pressing the '#' button in the menu bar while writing the post

Also, while Paul knows many answers addressing your question at him means you cut yourself off from everybody else who might help, if being polite address the forum as a whole.

When you create the new thread, can you add:
Do you see serial print at all from other code, such as the serial print examples
Have you confirmed the input switch works correctly (by say digitalreading f7 and writing to the LED)

The actual code is also a problem since it spends most of it's time with interupts disabled while the tipper detection depends on interupts working. This can probably be re written as a very simple modification of the digital input example.

ps sorry

@ ivan - create a new thread with your question rather than polluting this one,

It will be easier to read if you use the code tags make the code more readable

Code:
like this - by pressing the '#' button in the menu bar while writing the post

Also, while Paul knows many answers addressing your question at him means you cut yourself off from everybody else who might help, if being polite address the forum as a whole.

When you create the new thread, can you add:
Do you see serial print at all from other code, such as the serial print examples
Have you confirmed the input switch works correctly (by say digitalreading f7 and writing to the LED)

The actual code is also a problem since it spends most of it's time with interupts disabled while the tipper detection depends on interupts working. This can probably be re written as a very simple modification of the digital input example.

So sorry about the mistake i've made cause i am a new user here. i will create a new post or thread.
Thanks alot!

Back