Audio Buzz Project board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjam

Hi guys, first time poster so please be kind ;)

I had the SamplePlayer sketch working great with the Teensy 3.5 and Audioshield (cool!)
UNTIL I decided to try and be clever solder it to another board and to add female headers, and now whenever a sound plays there is a buzzing that plays at the same time as the sound.

I made the mistake of permanently soldering it down. I have added pictures for reference.
Is maybe the issue that I now have long traces running off some of audioshield pins? I am going to try cutting away those traces, but I would love to understand what is causing that issue if anyone has any advice.

Thanks your time and attention!
Ben

20170923_231201.jpg20170923_231204.jpg20170923_231208.jpg

Do you have anything else connected besides the headers? How is the system powered? Any changes there? Some common causes of buzzing are power supply noise, ground loops, mains hum and a source of endless frustration bad connections.

Do you have anything else connected besides the headers? How is the system powered? Any changes there? Some common causes of buzzing are power supply noise, ground loops, mains hum and a source of endless frustration bad connections.

Hi Pictographer thanks for your response!
I ended up using my dremel to get rid of the traces that lead to pins that "can't be shared" by the audio board and it went away. I didnt do it one by one unfortunately so can't say which one fixed it.
I am guessing the trace created a small antenna on a sensitive part of the process?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back