Teensy Midi Foot Controller LCD Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add this: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_LiquidCrystal.html

...to any MIDI controller sketch.

If you can learn enough to get a display to run the 'hello world' code and to get a basic midi controller working then you should be able to get the help you need here to merge them together.

It's basically a matter of inserting the LCD library's print() method wherever you send MIDI messages in your code (one line of code sends MIDI and another updates LCD inside the same control structure of the program).

You may find code that does both already but you're unlikely to find exactly the behaviour you want without a little customization and for that you have to learn a little programming.

It's likely easier to look for (or write) controller code that does what you need and then add the display.

Last edited:
Let me state what i needed.

I needed a foot controller to control the VST plugin like, amplitube/guitar rig/helix

I want o have 11 momentary switches

The 2 switches on side will switch for banks up and down

The 4 switches on top is for switching between presets

And the 4 switches below is for switching stompboxes

And 1 switch for tap tempo.

I use the code in teensy > example > Midi > buttons

I uploaded the code, hook up a switch and it sends midi note and i mapped it out as a switch to make the overdrive effect on and off.. But my problem is this, the switch will only make the overdrive on. And i press it again. Nothing happens at all.

Can someone out there help me. :(

...I uploaded the code, hook up a switch and it sends midi note and i mapped it out as a switch to make the overdrive effect on and off.. But my problem is this, the switch will only make the overdrive on. And i press it again. Nothing happens at all...
Does your DAW have a 'toggle effect' setting in its MIDI implementation? That is, does it allow the same message to act as both off and on and it keeps track of the state?

If not you need to implement the toggle behavior in code so that note-on is sent on one push and note-off on the next.

Here's a post with some code that does this but with CC instead of notes

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/3816...ING-in-Ableton?p=119491&viewfull=1#post119491

I need something like this. Even without lcd.

ccs-1912763-0-55964700-1457111642.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back