Can pins A4 and A5 for an alternate serial port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisKasprzak

Using a Teensy 3.2, I'm hoping to do this in order to connect a small bluetooth device (A4 and A5) are about all i have left in my project.

Serial2.setTX(A4);
Serial2.setRX(A5);
Serial2.begin(9600);

But would like to know before I buy some parts.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Kris

Not an expert here but ran into similar challenge had found the answer here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_uart.html. From there it doesn't look you can with just setRX and setTX unless you use those pins for serial2. Don't even think altsoftserial will work. Not sure what pins you have connected to what pins but you may have redo some connections.

EDIT: what defragster said :)

from :: T:\arduino_1.8.5_142_TYC\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\library.properties

The SoftwareSerial library has been developed to allow serial communication, using software to replicate the functionality of the hardware UART. It is possible to have multiple software serial ports with speeds up to 115200 bps. On 32 bit Teensy boards, SoftwareSerial uses the real hardware serial ports (and is restricted to only those pins), but allows compatibility with programs that depend on SoftwareSerial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back